[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wondering what I could do know that I graduated from high school?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: maine_ref_2001.jpg (134 KB, 424x624) Image search: [Google]
maine_ref_2001.jpg
134 KB, 424x624
I'm 18, live in Maine and currently have no idea what I should in terms of Education or work and Currently work at Grocer. I'm smart enough to have a rough idea, but I'm curious on what's out there. Can't stand not having something to do with my life. I'm pretty intelligent and such. Any thoughts?
>>
>>17329001
What do you want to do?

If you're not opposed to vocational training there is serious need for skilled plumbers, welders, electricians. You make bank and don't go massively in debt by going to college.
>>
>>17329040
I was actually looking into that, but didn't really know where to start. Vocational. I wanted to try and become a technician of some sort.
>>
>>17329060
http://mainemaritime.edu/
>>
>>17329060
Local community colleges usually have programs for vocational and technical training. Start there, if they don't have the program they might still be able to point you in the right direction. Depending on what you want to do, there might be a trade association that you can find via google or it might be unionized and you can contact the union.
>>
>>17329072
Thanks. Just was unsure of where to start, and my family isn't being helpful at all. Either way, I'm not opposed to hard work or anything. I've been saving my sheks to pay for education for 6 months now. I didn't have the ability to take any shop or vocational classes in High school either. Thanks, again.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.