[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Living situation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1467389682724.jpg (161 KB, 728x1484) Image search: [Google]
1467389682724.jpg
161 KB, 728x1484
How do I disable my home internet for a temporary amount of time, repeatedly, without arousing too much suspicion?

I have to live with six people in a one bedroom apartment. I haven't slept well for years with this family, even worse when you have a raging bipolar gaming throughout the night. I know he and his wife will give up and go to bed if internet doesn't work. Turning off power not an option. I might fiddle with the cables in the early morning hours.

In two months I will be alone in Uni in a single room, special accommodation for handicap. Until then I need to keep going to therapy and psych appointments, hard to sleep well/make a routine like this.

All help appreciated. Talking to them is not an option.
>>
Have you tried getting ear plugs or even, I don't know, talking to them?
>>
>>17328963
Try logging into the router. 173.0.0.1, 192.168.1.1, 10.0.0.1 etc. From there you can block all the ports or close their connections.
>>
Why don't you just down some sleeping pills?
>>
>>17328966
The last time I tried talking to them it ended up with the bipolar cursing and raising his voice at me calling me fucking idiot repeatedly, he smashed his play station controller on the floor and said "I don't have to take this" and just flipped a shit while his wife vehemently defended him.

Ear plugs. Right. Because ear plugs will help when he punches himself or hits himself or curses at the top of his lungs at the screen. My parents would rather deal with them like this than confront them most of the time.

>>17328975
I take benzos per prescription but my psychiatrist is weening me off them. Rather, I'm weening myself by his orders. They aren't enough.

>>17328971
I'll need the password which isn't on the back of the router, only the person who pays for it knows and asking him is suspicious. I'll see if I can guess a few times. Any other ideas?

Thank you for replying guys. Im out of options sincerely appreciate it.
>>
>>17329004
If you don't mind me asking, but this sounds like a rather weird fucking arrangement. How did you yourself in this mess?

Also, if the guy paying the internet bill isn't the bipolar dude, just try to beg them for them to turn off the internet when they start gaming.
>>
>>17329028
a TLDR of it is:
>be me
>growing up in poor family
>some family members move out when Im a kid but then move back in when I go to high school
>family dysfunctional andfull of mental health problems
The guy paying for the internet will tell the bipolar. He's psychologically dependent on his "friendship". He goes to him for everything andthe bipolar pretends to care/laugh. Guy payingfor internet cant seem to tell, andif he can tell, then hes so alone that he doesnt care.

I grew up with this anon. I'm 19, I dropped out ofUni twice because of a lackof support structure when I found out I had symptoms of schizophrenia and general anxiety. Im lucky to get another shot at Uni.
>>
>>17329048
It would actually be healthier to be homeless until you go to school. There are countless charities out there. You need to start exploring all of them.
>>
>>17329048
Fucking hell, sounds awful, I'm sorry. At this point I would look into homeless shelters or find a kind soul to coachsurf until uni starts back up.

Is it possible to register to recieve benefits from where you're from? My ex boyfriend had a disassociate disorder and he recieved money greatly under what he should had gotten, but still managed to live in a flat by himself until he recieved his mum's old house.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.