[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Coping with the thought of death
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1465855636357.jpg (305 KB, 1817x1023) Image search: [Google]
1465855636357.jpg
305 KB, 1817x1023
Have you experienced death before, /adv/? Be it from an accident or the death of family member/loved one, how did it shape you? Did it change the way you viewed life and the world in general?

I'm currently working towards a degree and going into a field where I will be faced with gruesome death and murder on a daily basis.

How do you prepare yourself and come to terms with death?

I want to learn how to view it as a natural part of life, but think that's easier said than done.
>>
>>17328187

whats the job you're going in for?>
>>
>>17328194
biochem forensics, crime/lab scene analyst or criminal behavior analyst

Still not sure just how close I want to get to things.
>>
>>17328223

its tough. cuz what you're going to be examining isn't just death but death that came much too soon. the only rationalization you can make is that by being the best you can be at your job you can prevent even more deaths from happening.

you'll either get used to it, or you'll let it slowly destroy you. do the best job you can for as long as you can mate.
>>
>>17328236
thank you, anon, that makes a lot of sense.

I'm going to work hard to make sure more people don't lose their lives prematurely. I'm just terrified of the thought of working hard to ensure someone's safety and ultimately failing.
>>
My father passed away 1 month ago.

Didn't really shape me like 1 year and a half ago, when he fell into a diabetic coma, when that happened I started to dream of his death.

From then on I tried to be closer to him, he was a very old dad for me and he was never good with any relationship, so he was not really there when I was a kid.

So I was self trained to be very forward with him, I told him when I did drugs and any fuck up (remember he was old, ex soldier and pretty conservative but actually very open minded for his age), or when I had these hard moments with my mother. Always trying to be like that, no bullshit.

I did not see him the last 2 weeks before his death because of family problems, but I dont feel much regret because I adopted this attitude described before.

I dont really know what to tell you... so I will stop rambling. Ask away if you need.
>>
Space is infinite.It goes on forever. If space is infinte, that means there are an infinite amount of planets, solar systems, universes. There is a possibly that there is mutiple dimensions. If this is true, that means anything that could happen has happened countless times. So, say someone dies. Since there are infinite possibilities, could there be a possibility that after one dies he comes back to existence in some form in an alternate reality or timeline. He could be the same person, or someone completely different. This process might take trillions of years. In death, you have no concept of time, so it will feel like nothing. Death is not the end. It is the beginning of a new cycle. Reincarnation could very well be possible
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.