[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For some reason I keep finding myself living with bad roommates.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 3567589-batman_tas_alfred.jpg (37 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
3567589-batman_tas_alfred.jpg
37 KB, 800x600
For some reason I keep finding myself living with bad roommates. Each one is always for a different reason.

Four most recent

>first dude
>met at a work gig
>tried to sleep with my ex
>she rejects him
>he blamed me
>was forever bitchy with me afterwards
>rich and entitled
>rarely worked, lived off parents money
>was constantly screaming at me, other roommate, and his three cats

Next roommate
>girl I had been best friends with for years.
>boyfriend hates that she lives with a guy
>this creates tension
>she starts going crazy dramatic over every little thing
>constantly scheming to find ways to get me to move out
>always bitching me out for little things

Next roommate was a good guy friend of mine
>extremely dirty
>always eating all my food
>always smelling disgusting

Current roommate
>chatty and opinionated as fuck
>shoots down any opinion or thought I have, regardless of the topic
>always criticizing the way I clean and do chores
>I almost always feel tension from her

So, four roommates that all suck for very different reasons. What's going on here? Is it possible that I'm the problem? I've tried to be friends with all of them, but I always end up in a situation where we hate each other. I don't know what I could've done to all four of these people to create these unideal environments.

What am I missing, /adv/?
>>
>>17327415
>living with friends, acquaintances, and/or colleagues

it's like you don't know what you're doing.
>>
I wouldn't say you're necessarily the problem. It sounds like each person had legit bullshit a roommate would have to deal with. Every person does. You don't know someone until you live with them. You just need to find a way to let the bullshit roll off your back. Don't let yourself feel too aggravated. If they want to be hostile, let them. If you keep trying to be considerate and friendly, eventually people will see the other person as the asshole.

tl;dr turn the other cheek. All roommates suck. Just try to be the roommate who doesn't suck.
>>
>>17327420
I forgot to mention that the fourth was a stranger I met through an apartment finder website.

But if friends, acquaintances, colleagues, and strangers are all bad choices than who the fuck am I supposed to live with? I can't afford to live alone.
>>
>>17327433
Not op. It sounds like you're suggesting to let people walk all over you because there's nothing you can do about living with assholes.
>>
How often do you go out aside from work? I had similar situations and I realized I usually lived with people with similar situations as me. I work nights and I used to live with someone who was unemployed but financially stable. After about a month I noticed a lot of tension. I realized that it was mostly due that we were both home for huge portions of the day. Most people can't spend hours every day with a person they're not extremely close with. I started to find cheap adventures to go on during the day. I got gym membership, started hiking, joined some meetups. The tension between me and my roommate ended up being a blessing in disguise because my little daily adventures helped me get in shape, I met new, awesome people, my work life got better, and the tension slowly disappeared. Give it a try.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.