[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 14677542755971854005764.jpg (39 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
14677542755971854005764.jpg
39 KB, 640x480
I have anxiety and depression. I can't keep a job mainly due to that. I'm a single father and I have my son the majority of his waking hours. We live with grandma who is an aggressive emotional old woman who won't let me parent my child without getting in the way and shitting on me about anything I do. How do I get out?
>>
>>17327341
I really need help. I've been contemplating just offing myself.
>>
k
>>
>>17327341
how do anxiety and depression stop you from holding a job?

you have a person that is willing to house you and be there to look after your son when you're at work and yet you're here posting on /adv/.

secure a job and income. look for a partner to share life with.
>>
>>17327436
No I don't have anyone to watch him. Grandma refuses to watch him. He's two. He's into everything. This house is filled with junk. Grandma is a hoarder. On top of that she doesn't watch him when she does 'watch' him. And yes my mental disorders do make it intensely difficult to maintain a job.
>>
>>17327473
do you think there are people with depression and anxiety that are able to hold jobs?

if your current living situation is potentially dangerous then find a fucking job, be miserable, earn income, and move out for your son.

seek out therapy options in your area. perhaps free group therapy sessions or a doctor that offers sessions with sliding scale option.
>>
>>17327473
Consider seeing a doctor and getting some prescriptions. It won't fix all your problems, but treating depression and anxiety can make everything easier.

I went from barely being able to get out of bed to eat or piss to saving for a house and a wedding with the love of my life over the span of two years with some medication.
I don't take it any more. I just needed something to help me open my eyes and see that everything was worth it.
>>
>>17327491
What medications were you taking for anxiety?
>>
>>17327503
I was taking Zoloft.

I don't think it's actually an anxiety med? It helped for some of my anxiety, but it didn't make everything go away. I was still sad, but I was able to function.
>>
>>17327491
OP here
Im on Lumotrigen and effexor. They basicly keep me from living in perpetual mental break down.
>>
>>17327473
Please give up the child to foster parents for his own safety. You're mentally ill, so is your mum. This child needs a stable home, these are the most important years of his life.
You can come in to his life later on and explain you only gave him away for his own best. He won't judge you for this and still love you. Trust me.
>>
>>17327540
Excacly this.
There's no other thing I can or will think about.
Please for the love of that child don't fk up his potential life.
Bait or not
>>
>>17327341
Get therapy ASAP.
How are child services in your area? Your kid is going to end up fucked up if you don't fix your shit overnight, and leaving him in someone else's care might be better for the both of you.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.