[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
K so I've been talking with this girl and she's wonderful.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: age-difference-in-datingop.jpg (12 KB, 448x299) Image search: [Google]
age-difference-in-datingop.jpg
12 KB, 448x299
K so I've been talking with this girl and she's wonderful. Only problem is she's 7 years younger than me. She knows I'm older and told me to tell everyone (her family, etc) I'm 20. I know they'll buy it no problem because everyone thinks I'm 21ish, so 20 wouldn't be that hard to swallow. If we keep our mouths shut, no one will ever know. What could go wrong?
>>
>>17326491
>starting a relationship based on a bed of lies and deception
>>
>>17326491
how old are you and she actually?

and as for what can go wrong, I guess people could find out your real age and wonder why you bothered lying. beyond that, I can't really say without knowing what your actual ages are.
>>
>>17326491
I wouldn't lie. What happens if you guys end up falling in love and getting married and her family finds out you lied about your age? They'll start to wonder what else you lied about. Maybe you're actually hiding your true identity and you're a secret murderer.

Not worth the drama.
>>
>>17326498
I don't like the idea either but her parents are really strict. If they know then it's pretty much automatic nope. (it was her idea anyway)

>>17326501
She's 19 and I'm 26
>>
Nothing will go wrong if you marry her. You will get all kinds of shit if things don't work out in the near future.
>>
>>17326511
have you fucked her yet?
>>
>>17326511
>She's 19 and I'm 26
That's not worth lying about.
>>
>>17326498
shut the fuck up lmao

it's not like op is lying to his gf; he's lying to her psychotic parents.

19 and 26 is not a big deal at all. seven years is quite a common age difference. if she were in highschool it would be weird but she's over 18.

OP, nothing could go wrong here. Just keep your wallet to yourself and make sure you collaborate about the lies youll tell. And memorize your birth year.
>>
>>17326505
who cares. the relationship is going to fail if he tells them he's 26 because it seems his gf cant go against their wishes. when theyre old and the truth comes out, they can explain that they lied because they were in love. no one will care when she's 30 years old.
>>
I think seven years at your ages is pretty hefty. Look back long and hard on yourself as a nineteen year old - do you really think that you haven't grown and changed heaps between that stage of your life and now?

Having said that, ultimately it always depends on the individuals and she's over eighteen and well aware of your age. The lying isn't ideal and will turn ugly if it comes out, and your friends might look at you funny for dating a nineteen year old. I don't think it gets much worse than that.
>>
>>17326561
Or he could not put everyone in an awkward situation when they find out (and they will) his real age.
>>
She's already lying about you to her nearest and dearest. Could she be lying to you? Hiding stuff about you sounds like she feels ashamed about it. If she really cares she shouldn't need to make you lie.

I don't like it.

The age difference is not a bother for me, although she herself is not yet out of her teens so her parent's will naturally have some concerns. Show them what an understanding, respectable caring but not publicly groping boyfriend you are and they will understand

DESU if it wasn't your age, the potential in-laws will surely find something else to pick on you (your hair, job, weight, background, parantage.)
>>
Thanks for the replies everyone!

>>17326505
>What happens if you guys end up falling in love and getting married and her family finds out you lied about your age?
That's what I'm worried about. It'll EVENTUALLY come out.

>>17326520
Well shit. All or nothing lol.

>>17326522
No

>>17326525
I didn't think so but she is. The only reason I'm rolling with it is cause her parents are ultra strict and would say I can't see her.

>>17326571
>do you really think that you haven't grown and changed heaps between that stage of your life and now?
I don't really remember. I probably did. I try not remember my teenage years cause it sucked. Maybe we just date for a few years so she can grow up a little more?

>>17326594
To be honest I think she forgot my real age (most people do) from when we met (and she was with someone else) a year ago, and told her parents I'm 20. But who knows, maybe she is ashamed. Now I want to ask why I'm telling everyone I'm 20 lol

I get the whole thing about them finding SOMETHING to nit-pick. It's what parents do. They want the best for their kids.
>>
>>17326924
>her parents are ultra strict and would say I can't see her.
she's 19. she's adult now. who she dates is her problem, not her parents' problem. If they don't like it, then that's their problem. They'll just have to deal with it. If you want brownie points with her parents althought this could cause a bit of drama, is to tell them directly that you've developed an interest in their daughter and that you didn't want to lie to them about your relationship. this method has a better way of securing a long term relationship but if you lie, you'll have a much better short term relationship.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.