[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
pls help me.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1466849579221.jpg (194 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1466849579221.jpg
194 KB, 720x960
I feel aimless.

Ever since my ex betrayed me and I left her, I've just been on a hedonistic binge of meaningless sex with awful women.

I met one girl that I actually connected with and she ended up living on another continent to me.

My only aspiration is music and although I want to improve, I don't know where to start with guitar and singing.

I want to obtain a nice relaxing job at a record store but don't know how.

I'm failing my uni course.
Don't know if I want to study next year.

Someone well adjusted please help me figure some shit out
>>
You have autism and need a therapist to help you cope
>>
are you good at guitar and singing? would people pay to hear you? If you answered yes to both those questions then a career in music might be right for you.
>>
>>17325002
I think I do have some mild autism, yes.
>>17325007
They already do pay me to play but I don't feel good enough

It's almost as if I feel like I'm lying to everyone about how good I am and they're going to find out one day so I need to be actually good before that happens.
>>
You're at least depressed for sure. Break of the pace, give yourself a kick start. Try a music career or anything of the sort, something you enjoy af, so you'll be all out and taking risks in it. Entrepreneur, excelling at uni, music, anything where you can pour your heart out every day.

Enjoy life, past is past.
>>
>>17325076
I am clinically Bipolar but I hate the medication I was prescribed.

I have 'bad days' but I have crafted my self awareness to the point where I treat it like the flu and don't misdirect my anger at my friends.

I should really just throw caution to the wind and focus on music shouldn't I?

I guess the question is should I be studying music at university, or should I go the autodadist route
>>
>>17324959
I'm going through something similar and I believe I'm on my way out to the other side.

You have to stop looking out and look within. You need to learn more about yourself at this point (as stupid as it will sound to you at the moment) so you can grow. Stop looking for someone and they will come to you when you love yourself.
>>
>>17325099

That depends on your skills, on your will and your relations. People who study music at uni don't become artists, but rather unknown singers for used for TV series, etc. But you could totally do both, studying the day and trying to find a band/producer in the evening. That takes determination, work, luck, etc. That's possible but so fucked up.

But if you feel like music if your way of living, well then go.
>>
>>17325103
I do love myself and have an incredibly large ego, I just get insecure about my artistic abilities, which are the only things that make me happy.

I don't hate myself, I just feel crushingly bored and apathetic.
>>
>>17325111
Well I have a band and we're recording our first album and I want it to be perfect.

But I'm studying animation which I'm failing. And I'm not sure if study is the answer anymore.

I just feel like 'something' needs to happen so I know where to go.
>>
>>17325139
That something is not happening, do you know why ?

You're the something.

In real life things don't happen to you, you make them happen.
>>
>>17325189
That cut to the quic.

I guess now I just need to figure out what I want to happen to me.
>>
Bumping. Because I'm thinking of just starting to walk in no particular direction with food and my guitar.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.