[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's been 10 months and I still can't get over a girl.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1451530117998.jpg (70 KB, 587x545) Image search: [Google]
1451530117998.jpg
70 KB, 587x545
It's been 10 months and I still can't get over a girl. I'm still feeling sadness and anger. It's occasional. I don't think I have depression or anything.

How do I get rid of this? Does it ever go away?
>>
It does. You find someone better.

Can take a day or a decade.
>>
>>17324081
Delete everything about her that reminds you of her. You gotta wipe your brain. No pictures, names, stuff from her. Wipe it all so that it's harder for the memory.
>>
>>17324096
I've gotten rid of pictures, don't stalk social media, etc. I just feel like this is taking too much damn time.
>>
yeah it does eventually get better it just takes time.
>>
>>17324103
yeah I know what you mean I had a tough time getting over my ex but the pain eventually went away.
>>
Hello, me in 2 months
>>
>>17324103
>too much damn time
Try 7 years. Hasn't gotten a bit better. I'm not normal though. Hopefully you're not like me.
>>
>>17324081
It does get better, anon. Eventually, you move on or find someone better. Sometimes, at the same time.
>>
File: 1466103856361.png (178 KB, 474x548) Image search: [Google]
1466103856361.png
178 KB, 474x548
>>17324081
Love can be crippling. I know the feeling OP. It took me years to get over this one girl in high school, doesn't help that our parents work together. I saw her in the street today, I had so much anger it just became pure contempt. I remembered that she was just a whore at the end of the day. I now have a girl in my life who calls me daily, not because I make her or nag but because she actually likes me. We talk after work and you know what? I feel thankful. If I didn't know pain I wouldn't know real pleasure. I had to make an effort in meeting people but it's worth it OP. Don't forget you're great and deserve to really be loved.
>>
File: White Lies.jpg (153 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
White Lies.jpg
153 KB, 1920x1080
>>17324081
Hey OP, this used to be me. Was with this girl for five months then it went to the shitter. Being in a small HS, I saw her very often. Over three years the feelings came and went, but they eventually went away. Can confirm it does go away, but you have to make the effort to put yourself in a good place. Make new friends and occupy yourself all the time. Don't leave a day out of your week unplanned when you can be out doing something productive with your time, whether it's your job or some other activity like volunteer work.

Cheers, I know you can get through this too, OP
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.