[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I actually meet women if internet dating isn't working?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: 1458317659005.jpg (269 KB, 1095x1195) Image search: [Google]
1458317659005.jpg
269 KB, 1095x1195
How do I actually meet women if internet dating isn't working?

Let's assume I'm not some casanova who can pick up women out in public.
>>
Hit the gym and alpha up
DO shit outside of school/work/home and strike up conversation with people doing similar shit. Intent shouldn't necessarily be to get gf but it can easily lead to it
>>
>>17323309
>Hit the gym and alpha up
But I'm short, won't that make it look like I'm compensating for my height.

>>17323309
>DO shit outside of school/work/home and strike up conversation with people doing similar shit
Yeah, that's probably something I need to do more.
>>
Gonna give a little bump.
>>
Just get some friends usually friends of friends will get to talking and might fix you up with someone.
>>
>>17323312
>But I'm short
Don't make excuses for yourself. Showing the world that you respect yourself and your body isn't compensation. I'm 5'6" myself.
>>
>>17323312
How short is short? Three of my cousins are 5'3 to 5'5 and have beautiful wives.

And who cares if some people think you're compensating? You are. But that's what people with deficiencies do, they compensate. And besides, lifting is good for the soul.
>>
>>17323639
>How short is short?
I think I'm about 5'7", maybe a little bit more.

>And besides, lifting is good for the soul.
Yeah, you're probably right. I've been going to the gym for a few months now. I'll probably continue. I don't think I look any better, though.
>>
>>17323646
Ha, we're the same height. Eventually it will stop bothering you. Learn to accept the things you can't change m8, there's freedom in acceptance.
>>
No one ever listens to this but it fucking works:

VOLUNTEER. For something that matters, something that you could actually feel good doing, girls will be there and it they wont be the only reason you're there. That and when you talk to girls, you can talk to them like people instead of trying to play some pick up game
>>
>>17323657
Volunteering's been something I've been thinking about recently. Did you volunteer for something?
>>
>>17323657
As a girl who volunteers, I'm not sure if I'd be comfortable dating a guy I volunteer with. The 'don't shit where you eat' rule applies to volunteering too.
>>
>>17323683
yes at a medical tent at a music festival met lots of cute girls. and i know a few people who perfectly enough met their gfs through volunteer work.
>>
>>17323695
That's not universal woman. That's just you.
>>
Give up if you're not a Chad, you only set yourself up to be cucked.
>>
>>17323713
I never claimed to speak on behalf of all women.
>>
>>17323718
You we're just telling OP that you are off the market for him if you both volunteer together
>>
>>17323721
Yes. Me personally.
>>
>>17323724
where do you volunteer?
>>
>>17323695
As the OP I understand where you're coming from. I'm sure a lot of women feel that way.
>>
>>17323735
At an organisation that's basically a catch-all 'help desk.' We help with basically anything from legal problems, to money troubles, to helping people fill out forms, to just providing a listening ear. If we can't help, we pass people on to someone who can.
>>
>>17323735
I know you don't speak to women often, but trying to gain her location is creepy.
>>
>>17323741
I think it may be different if I volunteered for one-off events where the chances that we run into each other again if things go wrong are less likely, but since I volunteer regularly at a place, I just wouldn't be comfortable.
>>
>>17323747
>projection
>>17323746
that doesn't sound like something you'd volunteer for, that sounds like a service the government would provide.
>>
>>17323756
>that doesn't sound like something you'd volunteer for, that sounds like a service the government would provide.
Why would I lie about what I volunteer for?

Also we're independent of the government. It allows us to let people speak completely freely.
>>
>>17323307

the issue here is that you assume all women are exactly the same and have the exact same standard.

you have decided that 'only cassanovas' are capable of picking up women.

you already isnt online dating doesnt work but will refuse to work at meeting women in real life.

you know there are no other options you simply want to whine and feel validated.

learn to be a 'casanova'
>>
>>17323633

this. also 5'6" and never really had an issue.
>>
>>17323774
>>17323633
I dunno how you guys can put up with that. You must have a strong sense of self confidence or something.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.