[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you grow out of constantly wanting attention?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (244 KB, 900x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
244 KB, 900x1600
How do you grow out of constantly wanting attention?
>>
pls respond
>>
>>17322169
psych
>>
>>17322236
I can't do that.
>>
>>17322236
To elaborate on this, I'm already SEEING a psychiatrist about something else, and he's a single-issue-professional who'll forget all about your initial problem and fixate on random details to the point where you just want to strangle him and scream THAT IS NOT WHAT I'M HERE FOR.

Imagine if you got hit by a car and while you're summing up what happened, and happen to mention you had an umbrella because it was raining, and the doctor starts asking you what colour and model the umbrella was, where you bought it and how often you use it, completely forgetting about your shattered fucking spine.

I could request for a new one, but it took nearly two months to find this one and I've already wasted this year on him, so I don't really have the spoons to start demanding for a new, better shrink who ALSO has experiences with LGBT patients.

It's like getting medical attention from a goddamn velociraptor, and I just have to selectively spoonfeed him that one single issue I came there for, and not risk offering anything sparkly as a distraction.
>>
>>17322169
Give yourself the attention. It DOES make sense
>>
>>17322315
He also doesn't speak the language I am supposed to be treated in as a first language, so I can't explain this issue to him without first having to explain what a velociraptor is, which will to lead him scribbling "obsessed with dinosaurs" into my papers.

He seems to assume that any gap in his common education is my autistic Field of Interest since it annoys me he doesn't somehow know jack shit about things.
>>
>>17322327
Hugging myself doesn't feel as nice.
>>
>>17322338
>Hugging myself doesn't feel as nice.

OH you're talking about desires! you can't deny yourself of them. They WILL come out one way or another unless you devote your life to giving it up and become a monk or something
>>
>>17322331

He sounds shitty. Get a new one?

You can phrase it more professionally so he doesn't resist it. Saying, "I'd like to see a different doctor, because you're utter rubbish," might make him decide that, since he knows he's not rubbish, you must have developed a new issue that makes you unable to apprecieate brilliant doctors.

Instead, say something like, "I've realized that I need to see another doctor, for reasons I'm not comfortable explaining right now." Which is true, actually. You're uncomfortable telling him he's shit to his face because psych doctors have more power than anyone is generally comfortable admitting.

Get a better doctor, anon. One that speaks your language, literally and metaphorically.
>>
>>17322350
I'm an LGBT bingo card and not religious in any way. What monastery will take that?

>>17322411
It took the clinic nearly two months to find me that one. What are the odds the second-best would be any better, not to speak of briefer?
>>
>>17322445
1in5 men in monasteries are gay pretty much.

my Gay buddies religious ex-BF went to a monastry for 4 weeks and the number above was, how many people wanted to fuck him in that time.
>>
>>17322445
Buddhism?
>>
>>17322493
What if I'm transgender as well?

Will they take you if you're physically female as well.
>>
>>17322169

I remember I just grew out of it over one summer after 8th grade. I just took a really hard look in the mirror, and realized I was an insufferable faggot. I was overweight and a smartass. I started working out hard in the gym and in school, and got humble.
>>
>>17322544
I'm 22 and still daydream about getting seriously sick or injured just to have someone take care of me for a while.
>>
File: weird-anime-emgn-9.jpg (48 KB, 700x491) Image search: [Google]
weird-anime-emgn-9.jpg
48 KB, 700x491
i still like to get attention, but i can deal with not getting any for a long while without going crazy. i basically just sucked it up and stopped whining and thinking i deserve any kind of attention.
>>
>>17322579
How do you do that?
>>
>>17322565
A shrink.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.