[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you ever find yourself paralysed by worrying about how other
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 355x353) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 355x353
Do you ever find yourself paralysed by worrying about how other people will react to your actions? How to get over this?

I have observed that generally people who act in a decisive way for their own interests are respected by other people, yet I cannot find it in me to act like this. I feel very passive and unable to stand up for my own interests.
>>
Bump for interest
>>
You are weak, and you probably always will be
>>
Start off small, maybe? Entry-level assertiveness is shit like correcting a waitress who fucks up your order, or repeating yourself to people when they mishear/misunderstand you.
>>
>>17322288
That is why I have come for advice, silly.
>>
>>17322079
Just know that what people think about you doesn't matter. You can always move on to another place and start fresh.
>>
>>17323189
This is my problem though, how many social wells do I have to poison with my autism before I can build a stable social circle?

I keep alienating people because I can never be true to myself and it culminates in my isolating myself.
>>
You are very self-centered.

You act passive because you are afraid of people misjudging you. If this is your case, you assume they are judging you in first place. Truth is, only a few people care about who you are and what you have to say.

You probably don't like much yourself, so you want permanent kindness from other people because you are terribly afraid of them to confirm that you are indeed a weak, selfish person.

You may be quiet because if you opened your mouth everyone would be aware of how hopeless you are. But as I said before, not many people care because they are as self-centered as you and me.

I hope this helped a bit.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.