[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help with creating good life routine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1265842874191.gif (166 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1265842874191.gif
166 KB, 160x160
I need to get my life together.

Right now I'm nearing my mid twenties and I'm basically a NEET. I live in my parent's house and have no college education. I'm trying to set up a reliable source of income from home, but progress is incredibly slow, if it all. I spend way too much time doing meaningless things, but I don't have the discipline to keep myself from doing it.

My goal is becoming self-sufficient and moving out, but my life routine is very poor at this moment. Ideally, I'd like to work about 5 days a week, have 1 day to do creative work, and 1 day to just relax and do whatever.

My average routine is something like this:

>13:00 - Wake up and browse reddit in bed
>13:30 - Masturbate and get out of bed
>13:45 - Turn on PC, shower, make food
>14:30 - Eat food behind my PC while opening work related programs, watch some youtube videos
>15:00 - Look at my to-do list, mess around a bit without making any big progress
>16:30 - Get distracted, play videogame, play piano, watch youtube videos, etc.
>17:30 - Eat dinner behind PC
>18:00 - Check my work for today, mess around some more, usually give up on working at this point
>18:15 - Get distracted by internet
>21:00 - Go to the gym
>22:00 - Get home, more internet
>01:00 - Smoke weed
>01:30 - Get behind my PC with the intention to work, usually end up playing vidya or watching youtube videos or some series
>03:30 - Think "I should be going to bed soon", make some food, eat food in bed while watching stuff on my phone
>05:00 - Start getting ready for bed
>05:30 - In bed, browse internet, watch videos, get distracted
>06:00 - Fap and go to sleep

Repeat

cont. in next post
>>
>>17320866
cont.

Writing all that out it seems pretty apparent that I have trouble concentrating on one thing, and most likely have an internet addiction or something. I have some good days, but the majority of my days are as described in the first post.

I know I should do things differently, but the list is so big that I don't know where to start.

>Get more sunlight (literally get none on some days, only through the windows)
>Get some physical exercise other than lifting (some days I sit in a chair all day)
>Fix sleeping routine to be more productive and revolves around getting high at night
>Quit smoking
>Do meditation and stretches
>Stop wasting time on the internet (very hard since I literally need the internet for work)

Has anyone been in the same situation and managed to get out of it?

How can I start picking up a more success oriented routine where I actually get a significant portion of work done every day?

What else can I try to achieve my goals?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
>>
>>17320887
*>Fix sleeping routine to be more productive and DOESN'T revolve around getting high at night
>>
Going to sleep now, bump for hope.
>>
File: 1458243607785.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1458243607785.gif
2 MB, 500x281
Bump. On a similar situation.
>>
>>17320866
Job. Get a.
>>
Bump. Another for my brother.
>>
I'm no expert in this field cuz I can honestly say that I see a lot of myself in your routine, however, a couple months back I tried sleeping a lot earlier and waking up earlier too, I feel doing so has given me more daytime to get shit done, either with school work or workouts and stuff I have found that I'm a lot more productive when the sun is up.
Also they're a shit tonne of websites that block sites for you, it's the type of shit that over protective parents use on their kids but it's extremely useful for getting shit done (like if you wanna set up you're own income or what-not) you could also set it so that at night from 9-11 or something the sites are deblocked so you can still YouTube or Reddit to unwind, but still have time for enough sleep.
It's not much but doing these two thing have helped me a lot from school to uni, and I think it's worth trying out
>>
>>17322558
Can you tell me the name of a good browser plugin or something?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.