[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it legal to take my roommate's cat to the vet and get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: received_10208237478347725.jpg (51 KB, 1724x964) Image search: [Google]
received_10208237478347725.jpg
51 KB, 1724x964
Is it legal to take my roommate's cat to the vet and get it fixed without his consent? He's been taking real shitty care of his cat and I'm tired of waiting around. He's done absolutely nothing about the situation and I'm sick of dealing with his cat yelping every minute of the day because it's in heat.

If it's not legal, what can I do? I live in Canada btw.
>>
>>17320109
Drop it off at an animal shelter. Then run around furiously looking for it to throw him off your trail.

Works like a charm.
>>
>>17320109

Ask /an/ they will know
>>
>>17320109
move out. sounds like a shit place to live.

>bla bla bla reasons i need to stay
Dude you wanna steal spay a cat. move out.
>>
>>17320109
spaying is free in america mate. sure its not free in canada? just ask him every day, teach him some responsibility even if it annoys him.
>>
Just take it to the Vet.

>Roommate get pissed

kick him hard in the balls, that'll teach him.

If he doesn't care enough to notice the cat is ill, I'm pretty sure he won't notice you took it to the vet, unless you want to make him pay the bill, of course.
>>
>>17320805
To be fair to the owner, being in heat is not the same as being sick. We had to keep one of our cats from getting surgery for several months (despite it being annoying as fuck) due to health issues, and barring the other shit wrong, she was none the worse for it (she had siezures and a oversized uterus, took some special precautions to make sure the surgery would be safe.)

On the other hand, the owner is clearly a dickhead for ignoring the situation, and if there are no extenuating circumstances, the cat needs to be neutered or spayed. There is no excuse not to unless it is medically relevant or it is a breeding cat.

OP. How bad is it? Does he clean up after the cat, feed it enough, etc? If not, call animal control to come get the poor animal to be rehomed, because it deserves better. You could also offer to take the cat as your own so you won't get into any legal fuss for getting it to the vet. Of course that means you would be responsible for feeding and all that.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.