[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Writing a cover letter for a helpdesk/customer service type job
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1461565691543.jpg (160 KB, 566x677) Image search: [Google]
1461565691543.jpg
160 KB, 566x677
I need some advice on how to structure my cover letter so far it looks like this:

>Introduction:
I state the position I am applying for. Where I saw the ad and then I list what I feel my strongest abilities are. So far I have
>Hard worker
>well mannered
>Strong attention for detail
>Strong ability to liaise and build working relationships

Then I state my past experience and the responsibilities I had in each role.

I close out by giving my contact information (mobile phone, email) the times I like to work and then I say that I am well presented and have no issues commuting to and from work.

Then my resume is on the next page.
>>
Anyone? just want to know if it's good or not
>>
>>17319630
Usually customer service jobs are pretty chill and they wont expect to have a genious asking them for the job. Your letter sounds pretty cool, just make sure it doesnt have a typo and all the grammar is correct (they will check on that, after all your only contact with customers will be written)
>>
>>17319630
sounds about right, OP. You should put your contact details at the beginning and the end of your cover letter. make sure its in a large font too, for these positions, recruiters often just skim through applications to make sure the applicant isn't a total idiot.
what >>17319949 is pretty much true
>>
>>17319949
Thanks, I'll run it through a spell-checker
>>
>>17319702
Cover letters should only contain your name, reference what is attached, page counts and minimal contact details...

This is NOT a promo-opportunity, it's LITERALLY so your pages don't get mixed with other documents.

Your current cover will REDFLAG you with anyone who has taken a business communications course.
kek
>>
File: 1467463969360.png (217 KB, 500x688) Image search: [Google]
1467463969360.png
217 KB, 500x688
>>17319962
omg are you fucking kidding me.....
>>
>>17319966
No, that is not a joke. I hope you didn't send yet.
>>
>>17319972
QUICK CHANGE IT!

oh man, I'm so fucked.

Where do i write the promo stuff? I was following this:
https://www.seek.com.au/career-advice/cover-letters-the-good-and-the-bad
>>
>>17319962
Do you even know what a cover letter is? It's half a page adding a bit more colour and personality to your CV.

OP do not listen to this man just do a simple google search and you can see he is wrong.
>>
>>17319978
That is not the same. If you're sending a solicited resume, then you just send it and they have their own internal process to pass it to whomever asked for resumes.

That site you linked is for unsolicited resumes, meaning you are sending it somewhere in the off-chance they are hiring for a particular job.

You don't need any "promo" stuff to send a resume in they have asked for it, it's pointless and a waste of both your time and theirs.
>>
>>17319982
You're the one wrong.

Since your education is limited to googling shit, google "Do you need a CV on a solicited resume?"

Fucktard.
>>
>>17319985
I'm applying for jobs that were advertised on the internet.

I don't just randomly hand out resumes.

>>17319990
oh god, I AM on 4chan!
>>
>>17319990
>Since your education is limited to googling shit, google "Do you need a CV on a solicited resume?"

I did this out of curiousity and turns out I was right.

Unless they SPECIFICALLY ask you NOT to write a cover letter, write a cover letter.
>>
>>17319999
You're so fucking retarded and wasting this kids time. A cover letter is NOT a CV, a CV is "curriculum vitae" and it's NOT a resume. It's a person's HISTORY and can be far greater than the 1 page resume. A cover letter introduces yourself, your purpose, informs the reader what is attached and NOTHING MORE, UNLESS YOU ARE APPENDING A CV, THEN YOU NOTE THE CHANGES IN THE COVER LETTER.

Jesus fucking Christ, kids with their google.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.