[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some things I should take care before I commit suicide?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
What are some things I should take care before I commit suicide?
>>
First of all think why you want to kill yourself. You can share it here, I am having a bad time too so I'm open to read it. Why is it so bad that makes you want to leave?
>>
>>17319481
My boyfriend pretty much told me I wasted three years of my life with him. I was never worth it. I never will be.
My father has made it apparent that I'm going nowhere in life. He's ashamed of the person I've grown up to be. So am I.
I have no friends. I never go anywhere. Even my job acts like they regret hiring me. My mother wants nothing to do with me.
I'm fat, and ugly. Everyone has given up on me. My life is at a dead end. Emphasis on dead. I'm so tired. I'm done. I just want to be done.
>>
>>17319499
Don't do it senpai.
>>
If you are really considering suicide, why not spend all of your money/resources on other things like extreme sports, i.e, skydiving,
makes you rethink about your life as a whole.
>>
Call a suicide hotline and tell them how you plan to kill yourself. They'll help you work it out -- that's why it's called a 'suicide' hotline!

Seriously though, see a doctor, anon. Committing suicide is just letting your mental health problems kill you, when you can instead get them treated and not have this whole "being suicidal" problem in the first place.

I used to be constantly suicidal, but my life improved exponentially once I started getting treatment -- even if everything wasn't perfect.

Here are some links that might help:

A list of suicide hotlines by country: http://www.suicide.org/international-suicide-hotlines.html
A guide to dealing with suicidal thoughts: http://www.helpguide.org/articles/suicide-prevention/suicide-help-dealing-with-your-suicidal-thoughts-and-feelings.htm
A guide on how to find a therapist: http://www.webmd.com/anxiety-panic/guide/how-to-find-therapist
Some tips on finding a mental health provider: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/mental-illness/in-depth/mental-health-providers/art-20045530

Suicide sucks, OP. It's terrible, and it's boring, and it's pointless, and the people you love are never going to recover from it. You'll just be dead. That might sound wonderful right now, but for the people you leave behind, it isn't.

(Slightly continued)
>>
>>17319529
You matter. You're important. And if you die, you'll make the world a worse place for having done so. Everyone has something they can do to make the world a better place, and you can't do that if you're fucking dead -- so do us all a favor, and don't be fucking dead, okay?

I don't know you. I don't know why you want to kill yourself. I just know that you're a person who has value and is clearly having some trouble with the whole staying alive thing. I want to help you, but unlike Donald Trump I don't always have the best words.

Life is complicated, and sometimes it sucks. And that's okay -- you're allowed to be in a place that is not good, sometimes. But there's always hope, even if you can't see it; you can't see the future, and sometimes depression (and other mental illnesses) can stop you from seeing the present, too.

But the things that mental illness says to you are lies, and you shouldn't listen to them. Even if suicide sounds rational, it isn't. Because you matter, and you deserve to be loved (by yourself, even if nobody else does); because you are strong, and because you have a future, even if you can't see it yet.

I'm sorry that everything turned out the way it did for you, but I can promise you that your entire life doesn't have to be that way.
>>
>>17319529
as if that would help, dipshit
>>
>>17319469
Any debts or obligations to others (not talking about banks/ loans).
Make sure as you're living until the day of, you make as little impact into the lives of those close to you as possible.
I'd leave a note, "if you really need to know why, ..."
Make sure your will is up to date (assuming you own anything worth leaving).
>>
Please Don't do it, you mean a lot to the people around you!
>>
>>17319553
Treatment? Treatment actually helps a *lot*, probably because it's part of actual medical practice.

You'd get a cast if your leg was broken, right? Well, in this case, it's your brain, and the treatment is usually medication and therapy.
>>
>>17319583
Except a broken leg can be instantly diagnosed, set and healed within a few months.
Psychiatric care is almost always trial and error simply due to the limitations of today's technology and our understanding of the human brain.
>>
>>17319596
That doesn't make it useless, or a pointless thing to pursue. If one antidepressant doesnt work, for instance, you try another, and another, until you find something that works for you.

Antidepressants usually stop working for me after a while (I have a partial response, and then that response begins to deteriorate, so we up the dose until we hit the max dose and eventually change meds, ad infinitum) and I've been on 14 meds for depression and have had 26 electroconvulsive therapy treatments, so I do have some personal experience here.

I refuse to give up just because I haven't gotten optimal results so far, and it's definitely better than the alternative, which is nothing. They're called antidepressants because, when they work, they have an antidepressant effect – they do a LOT better than nothing does. (If something works for you as a daily routine or whatever and isn't an antidepressant, and you're depressed, an AD could improve your life on top of that too.).
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.