[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>get a 5-day break free of any compromises or work >didn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
>get a 5-day break free of any compromises or work
>didn't do shit
>didn't work on my personal projects
>neglected every invitation to go out with my friends
>barely messaged the gf; she's pissed
>spent a shit ton of money eating like a pig
>haven't done any exercise
>didn't even play any video games
Spent 5 straight days browsing this fucking site. It's 4:30 AM and I'm just lurking with a couple beers and cookies next to me.
Why do I hate myself so much? I always loathe these free times but never do shit when I get them.
How/where do I start to change?
>>
Anon same is happening to me. I have a SHIT LOAD of free time, and I am not doing shit. Occasionally going out to smoke some weed, but mostly in my house losing time. I don't know what to do.
>>
It might not seem like helpful advice but honestly, buddy, the way to do things is just to do them.
>>
>>17318850
Yea, but how do I "trigger" myself to do it?
>>
>>17318839
It's okay to take breaks from it all. Sometimes a man just needs time for himself.

Are you a man? You are lucky enough to have breaks. Some men don't have that luxury. Remember that you are part of a brotherhood of men. Doing shit we have to do despite not wanting to do it is built into us. We do it because we're men. Are you a man? Then fucking do it.

Look at yourself in the mirror. Are you a man?
>>
>>17318894

Realtalk, consider mindfulness exercises or meditation. Break your routine by not letting yourself go to the computer/phone and start checking 4chan when you wake up. Go for a run or something first, then consider your next actions and do what you want to do instead of letting yourself be dragged by habit.

There aren't any easy answers though. At some point you just have to consider two courses of action and choose the delayed gratification rather than the immediate.
>>
>>17318894
Ugh. I can't describe how much time I've wasted wrestling with this issue. Staring at the ceiling, planning my day... For hours on end. Knowing exactly the things you want to and can do, but not doing them. Just sitting around, waiting for the motivation to strike. Some sort of external factor to light the fuse. Like constantly ready to run, just waiting for the starter pistol to go off....

Unfortunately there is no starter pistol. You have to take initiative and just GO

The important thing to consider is momentum. It's hard to break into a sprint from a standstill. It's easier to start small and build up momentum to bigger, more complex tasks. Eventually you've accomplished things instead of just thought about them.
>>
>>17319136
>>17318944
Bump for more of these.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.