[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm always exhausted when i wake up. If I sleep 8 hours
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: exact.jpg (66 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
exact.jpg
66 KB, 400x225
I'm always exhausted when i wake up. If I sleep 8 hours but still feel tired all day, am I sleep deprived even though I slept a full night?
>>
You might be stressed or suffering from depression
>>
hows your diet and exercise?
>>
File: 1466453984302.jpg (365 KB, 750x725) Image search: [Google]
1466453984302.jpg
365 KB, 750x725
Your body just went 8 hours without food or water. And you most likely breathed with your mouth open, adding to dehydration.

Just wake up, drink 1-2 glasses of water, and make some eggs. You must be American with your knowledge of Fitness
>>
>>17318162
Yes but if I sleep 8 hours doesn't that mean I'm technically not "sleep deprived" even though I am tired?
>>17318164
Good and I don't eat before bed
>>
>>17318178
Some people sleep 4 hours a night and they're not tired. They got lucky.

Seriously, just spend one night sleeping more than 8 hours and see if you feel better.
>>
>>17318176
I sleep with my mouth closed. But thanks for the tip, I normally drink coffee but i'm immune to its effect now
>>
>>17318162
not OP, I'm afraid it might be depression for me, but I don't want to pity myself and jump to that conclusion. For the most part, my life is fucking sweet. Thoughts?
>>
>>17318182
How do you feel on a regular basis?
>>
>>17318182
Depression has no bearing on how good or bad your life is. Sometimes it just hits you.
>>
>>17318179
No, they don't. There's virtually nobody who can sleep for just 4 hours a night and suffer no ill effects. There are thousands of people who've convinced themselves they can, sure. They're wrong. And by and large, so are the pop sci articles that they use to delude themselves.

Polyphasic sleeping is also not a thing, for what it's worth.
>>
>>17318197
Don't be silly.

http://www.businessinsider.com/sleepless-elite-2011-4

"Out of every 100 people who believe they only need five or six hours of sleep a night, only about five people really do" - psychiatrist
>>
Might as well kill yourself and sleep forever
>>
>>17318185
Mentally, I'm frustrated with myself all the time, the whole kissless virgin shabang. Physically, despite getting anywhere from 8 to 12 hours of sleep, I feel tired/exhausted, maybe every other day or something. Originally, I was attributing it to being on a cut while still lifting 6x/week, but I'm not sore too often, and I usually feel pretty well while lifting anyway.
>>
>>17318279
Sex is not a need and it is the lowest passion. Stop wanting it and stop being vain, caring about your physical appearance.
>>
>>17318322
It's not specifically about sex, but feeling inadequate and not being capable of getting a girl. I've always wanted to get into a long-term relationship. I mean, to be fair, there's also the part of me that wants to get my dick wet, too, but it's mainly the thought of having a companion. Even third wheeling with friends makes me jealous and really frustrated.

It doesn't help that I thought I was gonna get somewhere with somebody and establish some sort of romantic relationship, but I just ended up failing at that, and the euphoria of the potential relationship slammed to a halt. I can't stop thinking about it, and it was about six months ago.

Yeah, I guess I can consider myself depressed.
>>
>>17318340
At least be satisfied that most men go through this. Most men can't get relationships.
>>
OP, do you snore? There may be something preventing your sleep from being effective, like sleep apnea.
>>
File: Pajama_Kid.jpg (12 KB, 235x190) Image search: [Google]
Pajama_Kid.jpg
12 KB, 235x190
>>17318374
>Most men can't get relationships.

So get over it because other dudes are in the same position. k.
>>
>>17318237
I believe I mentioned pop sci articles. Thanks for linking one, though, it's a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

None of the studies that've been done on this were terribly strong or exhaustive, though that hasn't stopped approximately every media outlet known to man from publishing near-identical articles hailing the discovery of genetic "short sleepers."
>>
>>17318415
But most men are unattractive, what else can I tell you? This is the real reason women don't like most men. There's always a few guys who get all the girls because they were born with more attractive faces. But the problem is that all men want relationships with hot girls, they could try less attractive girls and easily get relationships.

Or prostitutes
>>
>>17318431
Eh, yeah I'm sure guys set their standards too high, maybe, I can't really tell. Still, it's part of an issue that I wouldn't just shrug off. I'd also say that many people have unhealthy habits, i.e. overeating and whatever the fuck, but I wouldn't just say "yeah, well everybody is doing it, and they're gonna die anyway so whatever". It's something that people should still consider and try to improve upon.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.