[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Were do you see yourself in 10 years?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: Micaiah's_mark.png (212 KB, 608x448) Image search: [Google]
Micaiah's_mark.png
212 KB, 608x448
Were do you see yourself in 10 years?
>>
>>17317955
Dead.
>>
>>17317955
When I was a teenager, they asked me this question.
I said "Alive and with a roof over my head".
Not exactly ambitious.

I am cursed with no passions. I don't care about pretty much anything.

Right now, all I can say is that my liver doesn't die in the next 10 years and that I can buy more booze to substitute my lack of passion.

Don't ask drunk people for advice. They're drunk for reason
>>
>>17317955
The future XDDDDDD
>>
As a ripped guy with an engeneering degree. Maybe with a small house in Canada or Murica. And still no gf
>>
>>17317989
That sounds terrible, although that's what your happy with.
>>
At the current rate that things are progressing, I'll be dead within 1 year.

If I can manage to do what I have to do, then I'll probably just be getting out of school, and into skilled labor instead of slave labor.

Realistically, I should be able to manage that in about 4 years though. If I live minimalistically, I might be able to afford a small house. If I was smart though, I'd wait a bit longer until I can afford to stop working for a year or so, and do a bit of short distance travelling. Find a place that I'd like to rot.

Maybe just buy some land, and build my own house. That'd be interesting.
>>
>>17318019
>>17317997
>>17317989
>>17317986
>>17317982
>>17317971
Morale around here is just terrible.
>>
Owning a house and married to a woman I don't love
>>
in the police as a sergeant or lieutenant, with a small piece of property, no husband or kids

I was just reflecting the other day on how its been nearly 10 years since I graduated from high school without a tremendous amount to show for myself other than the not insignificant fact that I've grown and changed as a person to a massive degree. 10 years really is a long time, I hope I can push myself to continue to grow and not simply stagnate.
>>
10 years is enough time for me to buy a house with a property I could be proud of.

I just don't know what to do about my job since I really don't want to spend the rest of my life in california and I'm union here.
>>
>>17318081
what's wrong with california?
>>
>>17318101
Not that anon, but it's a shithole. There's too much traffic and smog, it's too expensive, everyone is stressed, and people are either dicks or incredibly fake.
>>
Hopefully dead if my life is anything like it is now.
>>
>>17318107
you do realize california is fucking huge right

>traffic and smog
not problems everywhere, move out of LA
>its too expensive
that's why the salaries are so much higher than other parts of the countries
>everyone is stressed
same as literally everywhere else, get a less stressful job
>people are either dicks or incredibly fake
ok Holden, get better friends

I'm not saying your problems aren't real but leaving california won't automatically solve them and will likely create a whole host of new problems, like it being boring, everyone is a dumb redneck, all anyone does here is drink, etc.
>>
>>17318039
Well if you'd leave then it'd be better.
>>
>>17318125
I'm not planning on leaving because my family lives here, but it's a shitty place for a conservative who enjoys a quiet life.
>>
>>17318129
there are plenty of quiet and conservative parts of california, you don't even have to live in bumfuck nowhere

San Diego for instance
>>
>>17318146
>San Diego
>conservative
>>
>>17317955
Have a job good enough of supporting my retarded vidya game habits I have now.
>>
>>17318101
California's great and all but I want some perspective that doesn't involve vacation and tourism. It's really not that bad. There's plenty to do and it's a big state with a lot of microclimates.

CA did rank one of the lowest in terms of personal freedom though:
http://amac.us/states-freest-map-shows-americans-go-crave-liberty/

It's true that if you move to some flyover state there isn't much to do, but at least people leave you alone.
>>
>>17318153
relative to California's other major cities it is, has a republican mayor too
>>
>>17318170
have you actually read that study? It has nothing to do with people not leaving you alone.

It's from a NC based conservative think tank with an agenda to lower taxes in NC. That report uses high taxes as most of its index for "personal freedom".

CA does suck if you like guns though, I'll give you that one.
>>
>>17318189
I know. I couldn't find the one I was looking for so I just settled for this one.
>>
Hopefully alive. I was diagnosed with a brain a anyeurysm at 18, which is really worrying.
>>
>will have served and completed full contract with the Navy
>will possibly have certification or an associate's degree
>will more than likely move to a more northwestern state in the country
>probably won't be in contact with anyone I knew growing up
>probably be by myself
>>
>>17318204
what r8 m8?
>>
>Money
>Family
>Career

while I fulfill my dream and retired around 50, I would build a garage, run a small business, and travel to place and adventure in extreme weather/conditions.

Start a non-profit and build house for combat wounded vet, help them find the job/the will to live on.

Join Elon Musk's project if he already on his way to Mars.

Althought I might be the Aristodemus of Sparta, but would not make same mistake again if another battle comes my way.
>>
>>17318217
>I might be aristodemus of sparta
the who now?
>>
File: 1467355004025.jpg (51 KB, 460x376) Image search: [Google]
1467355004025.jpg
51 KB, 460x376
As a pretty girl...

;_;
>>
>>17317955
Educated enough to know the difference between WHERE and WERE.
>>
>>17317955
Hopefully a store manager at Publix with a bee farm I spend my weekends at.
>>
>>17317971
This more or less.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.