[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I quit a job in a way that screws over the manager but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: nx4cba.jpg (18 KB, 510x430) Image search: [Google]
nx4cba.jpg
18 KB, 510x430
How can I quit a job in a way that screws over the manager but not the coworkers?

I already put in my 2-week's notice last week (I got a new, better job), and I really don't need the money that much right now, so I'm mostly sticking with the place to be polite. But my manager did something tremendously shitty today (basically made me work by myself for 6 hours with no lunch break, which is illegal in my state. No one else was there to help and I couldn't leave.)

I know that I'm the only person scheduled tomorrow, so I want to just drop the whole thing. But I'm worried he'll rope someone else into doing the exact same thing. I want to screw over my boss and only my boss, because my coworkers are okay.
>>
what's the job?
>>
>>17317932
Coffee shop. I'm juggling freelance/contract work the past few months, so the coffee shop was just a safety net in case the other jobs got slow.

I'm not at all married to this place, don't NEED the money what with other work I do, and the only reason I gave 2-weeks notice instead of 1 was to be polite. I'm just afraid that if I bail, someone else will get screwed, and I'd just feel shitty about it rather than vindicated or anything.
>>
dude if it's a coffee shop just call in sick. the manager is being an ass, not you
>>
>>17317872
>How can I quit a job in a way that screws over the manager but not the coworkers?
You can't. Whenever you leave a job like this, the first people to be affected are your coworkers.
>>
File: problems.png (35 KB, 459x408) Image search: [Google]
problems.png
35 KB, 459x408
also tell your coworkers what the manager did, you sound like a considerate person, i'm sure they would understand.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.