[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My boyfriend has so many different personalities, and it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 560x330) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 560x330
My boyfriend has so many different personalities, and it's starting to scare me. It's like he's a different person around different people, and nobody ever knows the same side of him. Around me he's always been a quiet but confident, very emotionally open person. But around people who can give him something he wants, especially other women, he turns the charm on hard, and becomes this unbelievably suave, charming, in control person that I never even knew existed. By the same token though, he can switch to an extremely socially awkward, nervous guy around people more powerful than him - maybe as a defence mechanism to appear harmless? I've also seen him adopt a hyper aggressive, almost emotionless ruthlessness when dealing with financial or personal issues, though not as often.

I've pulled him up on it, but he flat out denies changing personalities. If he's doing it, I don't think he notices. Or maybe that's just me believing the emotionally open facade he has around me.

Is it normal for people to change personalities so often and easily?
>>
File: xxxmen.jpg (75 KB, 650x419) Image search: [Google]
xxxmen.jpg
75 KB, 650x419
Oh, FFS, he's not schizophrenic, you asinine cow, he's reserved, and different people bring out different aspects of his personality.

Quit with the drama. Are you having your period?
>>
Sounds like me

I have no well defined outward personality, everything is just acting to get what I want.
>>
>>17317832

So what your are saying that he reacts differently to different situations in order to adapt and receive the best possible outcome, like virtually all human beings actually do?

Life aint a TV show, we don't have constant personality traits and react the same way to every fucking situation.
We adapt, change tactics, evolve.
>>
>>17317832
People react differently in different situations, and I often think this is exaggerated in people that have social anxiety, are very introverted, or have other personality hang-ups. So I think your boyfriend is perfectly normal. The charming thing might be worrying if he doesn't realize what's going on (and gets a thrill out of leading women on), and you have about a 1% chance he's a sociopath. If he's confident and reserved, but emotionally open around you, then he's probably very relaxed and quite comfortable being himself around you. And he probably used some of that charm on you in the beginning and you didn't even register it. But I doubt he has some diagnosible disorder. Having different parts of you personality come out in different situations is actually pretty normal for a lot of people.
>>
>>17317845
This
/thread
>>
>>17317856
Are you sure? I swear I never seen him that suave before we dated. He's like a completely different person.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.