[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Waitress problem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: fish.jpg (138 KB, 498x500) Image search: [Google]
fish.jpg
138 KB, 498x500
A few months ago, I realised my dream and opened my own restaurant.

My goal was to become the best fish restaurant in town and provide good portions of top quality fish meals for a decent prices. It's just me, my best driend and a waitress.
We had a good start but we still don't have as many customers as we'd like to.

I invited a few cooks from other restaurants to have some criticism. They didn't say anything bad about my cooking.

However, 2 of them suggested to replace my waitress. They said she's doing a good job, but isn't cheerful enough, and that it's a big part of getting customers back.

About the waitress: To be short, she's a real dyke. No make up, short hair (but not in a feminine way), covered in tattoos, often wearing camos, she's not cheerful nor flirty with customers... However her work is perfect imo, she doesn't care about taking long shifts, she helps with everything, she takes care of everything that isn't cooking...

Should I fire her?
>>
First off, congratulations for taking the first step. It takes some balls because something like 90% of start ups fail.

Fire the waitress because she is detrimental to potential customers coming back. Follow the advice of those who are experienced with the industry. Find somewhere cheap to advertise. Best luck dude.
>>
>>17317337

I really feel bad for firing someone who always does her best and never causes us any problem...
>>
>>17317343
Unfortunately, in business you have to make tough calls sometimes.
>>
>>17317343
just give her another role and hire some twit to work out front. Good employees as you describe are damn hard to find.
>>
>>17317343

In capitalism there is no room for compassion. Pretend this is the Wolf of Wallstreet. You're the little faggot who is cleaning the fish bowl right now, ok? Your sole mission is to acquire as much money as possible. Money doesn't have a vagina. It doesn't have feelings. It's heartless, it's soulless. Money, money, money. Start jerking off with a $100 bill.
>>
>>>17317337
>
>I really feel bad

If anything you should be pissed that she is standing in the way of your dreams/success. Throw her a bone and tell (read: discipline) her about your concerns, she doesn't improve fire her. Make sure to document the problem and action taken so you can fire her ASAP if she doesn't improve.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.