[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm in HS and I think im long overdue for my first job,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
I'm in HS and I think im long overdue for my first job, Im gonna apply at wendys but they want a resume,
How does someone with no work, Volunteer experience and hasn't graduated HS yet put together a resume??
>>
>>17317297
Pad the shit out of it or spend your summer doing volunteer work so you can have a resume for next year.

Or make a kick ass cover letter explaining how you wanna work your ass off for them.
>>
>>17317302
It's Fast food, I didn't think I needed a resume but they want me to email one,
I never wrote one before and have no clue how to
>>
It's a bit hard when you don't have experience, but I'm sure they aren't expecting much anyway. Just go onto Microsoft online, look at resume templates, pick one you like and fill it out, editing it a bit so its at least somewhat unique
>>
>>17317297
Temporary Employment Agencies.
Go find one. They'll practically hire you on the spot and you won't be tied down to the same shitty spot. You'll be doing random shit, which will help you with random full time shit jobs in the future.
Find your minimmum wage niche.
>>
>>17317323
I don't have a car and this Wendy's is the only place that I can walk to that's hiring at the moment. I really wanna apply to this so I can have some money
>>
>>17317344

1 out of every 10 resumes you give will get an interview these days.

Wider net my friend. Hardly anyone walks to work anymore.
>>
>>17317362
I doubt their standards are that high tho, it's fast food so I'm really confused rn
>>
>>17317370
Dude you don't even have a resume. And i bet at least 10 people have applied in person already with resumes and cover letters. Anyone in retail can tell you even when not hiring you get a bunch of resumes a week. More so during summer break.
>>
>>17317370
Doesn't matter how easy it is to get hired if they don't need more people. Can you get a ride from anyone at all till you get enough money for a shitty car? Apply now, figure out how you make it work later. Cos most likely you will need to apply to tons of jobs
>>
>>17317391
I can't really get rides since my mom works and I cut off all my freinds for unrelated shit
>>
>>17317394
Is public transport an option?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.