[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I approached a girl I was attracted to. However, I panicked and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1467440547423571302202.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
1467440547423571302202.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
I approached a girl I was attracted to. However, I panicked and instead of asking for her number I got her Instagram.

How do I get her number and show that I am interested in dating her? I just sent her a dm thanking her for following me back.

Thank you
>>
>>17315503
How often do you see this girl? Your best move would have been to be up front and just ask her out to coffee via DM, but at this point you run the risk of over-messaging her so if you can talk to her in person that'd be best imo.

Plus, don't approach this as "I'm interested in dating her." Approach this as, "I want to find out whether or not this is someone I would like to date." Start slow.
>>
>>17315516
No I just met her a few hours ago. I took her photo because she's a cosplayer but instead of a number I asked her Instagram.
>>
File: 20160701_233218.png (82 KB, 1069x653) Image search: [Google]
20160701_233218.png
82 KB, 1069x653
>>17315516
Here is all we talked about through dm.
>>
>>17315519
If she replies to you thanking her, message her back telling her you think she's cute and you'd like to grab coffee.

If she doesn't reply, it's quite possibly a sign she isn't interested. That being said if this is some random person, go ahead and do whatever as long as you're not being super creepy
>>
>>17315519
>>17315524

>I took her photo because she's a cosplayer

Ok. I used to go to these things so here's some advice.

Do you want to go out with her or do you want to fuck her? It's an honest question because these folks may or may not be stable.
>>
[Insert picture you took of local cafe]
"My name's XYZ by the way. Let's go grab a coffee sometime at this cool new place that opened up nearby!"

Done. If she replies, great. If not, she isn't interested.
>>
File: fedoravirgin2.jpg (88 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
fedoravirgin2.jpg
88 KB, 540x720
>>17315503
you sound like an autistic beta faggot, here are some tips - be as direct as possible next time and tell the girl you think shes cute and would like to get her number to see each other some other time. youre already in a hole because if shes a cosplayer and you get her insta its like youre coming off as a fan of her cosplaying.

forget about it and use it as a learning experience. men who are good with women have been rejected countless times
>>
>>17315534
>>17315536
No Im not the type that want to just fuck girls. I want to be in a relationship with her.
>>
>>17315524
Okay this is totally your move. Just be upfront, a little flirty and avoid being too submissive, but you've got this.
>>
>>17315540
I was just extremely nervous because I've never really asked out a girl before. But at this point of my life I'm pretty much tired of being alone
>>
>>17315541

>>17315540

If you come off as a fan then that is instant friendzone.

BUT.

You need to build rapport over time.

Keep in mind the possibility that

-she may have a boyfriend or girlfriend
-she may not be straight

Con relationships that do work out are extremely rare. I'm not trying to sink your boat but take it from someone who has been there done that.
>>
>>17315503
Omfg these advices were horrible. Except for that one that said to keep it slow.

Lemme tell you, I'm a girl and I wouldn't like to be asked out right away. Start a conversation, see if you really like her, and then if things are going well ask her out. She'll let u know if she's not interested, don't be afraid tho.
>>
Ok what should I reply back to her? I was going with the coffee route.

Will reply with results
>>
>>17315554
>>17315560
Okay in my defense I thought this was someone OP actually knew and got along with to some extent. Asking someone you don't know at all out right away probably isn't the move.

I know nothing about cosplaying or about you or about this girl so I have no idea what to tell you to say, just flirt around for a while and see if it feels natural. If everything's going well then ask if she'd want to grab a drink or something.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.