[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>boyfriend of 2 1/2 yrs is going to a concert tomorrow (I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
>boyfriend of 2 1/2 yrs is going to a concert tomorrow (I was not invited)
>concert is an hour a half away in the city, while we live in a small town
>found out he is planning on taking drugs there (first he was trying to get shrooms, now it's either molly or ecstasy)
>flat out asked him not to do them, as it makes me uncomfortable with him driving while on drugs, also 99% sure his fuck boy friend is probation
>he told me I take the fun out of everything he does and that he's doing it anyway
I haven't done anything more than weed before, is it even actually safe to drive on this shit? or should I not care and tell him to fuck off for being so rude. Or I guess there's the possibility I really do take the fun out of everything (jk). But srsly what do, how do drugs work
>>
File: 1466729612948.gif (923 KB, 250x200) Image search: [Google]
1466729612948.gif
923 KB, 250x200
No, it's not safe. You're not being unreasonable and he seems like an immature cunt.
>>
>>17314978

nah depending on what he takes its dangerous. ur not being unreasonable.
>>
>>17314978
>I guess there's the possibility I really do take the fun out of everything (jk).

No jk. You are taking the fun out of it for him. I won't argue pro-drugs or not pro-drugs, but telling him he is not allowed to do something (other than obvious shit like cheating) is not how relationships work. If you don't accept him in whole for who he is and what he does, dump his ass. But you have no right to force your values on him.
>>
>>17314984
Driving while on that shit tho is fucked up. He could actually kill other people.
>>
>>17314984
He and I don't really do drugs, maybe Adderall on occasion . And that's fine if he wants to try some, I just wish it were at home or somewhere safer, which I did express. I feel like the concert should be enough I guess? Idk if I rly agree with how you feel, but my dad died of an overdose, so perhaps I am biased.
>>17314989
Yes!! But of course, he has the mentality that it will never happen.
>>17314981
Animal gifs are always a nice addition, ty for that
>>
>>17314978
Well here is the thing. Your relationship sounds all wrong. In a real relationship you would have known all this in advance by him just telling you about important things in his daily life, and not just "found out" about them.
Secondly, asking or telling him not to do things, is the wrong way to go about it, that's not how a healthy relationship works. In a healthy relationship you would say
>This really makes me uncomfortable, and worried for you, and I wish you wouldn't do things like this, as I feel it's not safe
This is you telling him exactly how you feel, without ordering him around like he is a child. A person is going to make their own decisions in life.
In the plus side, if he is taking these drugs before the concert starts, there is a good chance their effects will be worn off by the time he gets home. I've never taken Ex, but with shrooms, I mean you get to the concert like an hour prior, and then musicians ALWAYS start late. Always. Then you have the opening act, more waiting, then the main act, which should be at least two hours. So it's likely 4 or 5 hours he has to level out after he takes them. So I would guess it will probably be fine.
So you either accept your boyfriend for who he is, respectfully voice your concerns, and then STFU and don't nag him into oblivion about it, or you find a boyfriend who doesn't make these kinds of choices that upset you.
>>
>>17315020
Oh shit. Yeah I could see how your dad dying might make you biased, but there are plenty of people who don't die of overdoses. If it is his first time, I have been told it is best to lock yourself inside with close friends just in case you have a bad trip.

Going to a concert first time tho? Not a good idea. But, life lesson. Just hope no one gets hurt and if someone does he will definitely have learned a lesson.
>>
>>17315027
Sigh, the relationship really is all wrong. We're trying to make things right and then he does this. I did tell him I did not want him to do it for that very reason, but you are correct in the sense I did treat him like a child. But really, kudos to you for realizing so much on what I thought was a simple question! I never visit here anymore and forgot how wise some people can actually be .
>>17315032 I thought the same!! Idk how people can enjoy themselves on drugs surrounded by strangers. I can't help but worry that these are the drugs that make you super horny, but hopefully that is just an exaggeration, because I heard it when I was younger :( even tho this didn't really solve anything per say (he's probably still going to do it and I'll probably stay with him and forgive him like a fuck head) it was nice to have someone to reply and talk with, for real ty ty ty
>>
>>17315055
Just remember one thing: Prince charming would never settle for you. Lower your expectations for love. It is something you work for, not something you just find.

Maybe you're a fuckhead, maybe you're not. Regardless, don't let a dumb concert tear two people apart.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.