[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/quitters/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: quitter.jpg (55 KB, 1140x500) Image search: [Google]
quitter.jpg
55 KB, 1140x500
>When did you start?
>When did you quit?
>How many tries?
>Cold turkey?
>Any insight and tips for others?
>>
>>17314589
>Why do people even start?
>>
>>17314601
Because we were dumb impressionable kids, can't change the past.
>>
>>17314589
>16
>23
>2
>negative
>e cigs
>>
>>17314601

Because I bought cigs from the bullies, so they were all like "Hey mates, don't pick on him, he's my best customer", and shared them with younger kids who were all like "Hey, I got this" and kicked other young kids who pissed me off in the nuts, so I wouldn't have to and get myself in trouble.

I had pee-wee's first cartel.

It was the shit.
But also started because of being bullied and shit, and to be honest, I don't regret a damn thing because my life improved 1000% since I started.
>>
>>17314622
are you planning on stopping the ecigs at any point? Or is it more of a switch than a quit
>>
You never stop wanting to smoke. The compulsion to use it is recorded as being worse than heroin. However, you can cut back to almost nothing. Once you cut back to saying, "Ah, why waste money on a pack," and surround yourself with responsible non-smokers, you can go months on just a few cigs.

You can also get completely off them, but you have to climb the lower steps first.

The "I don't want to smoke again," mentality can keep you clean for months, so cold turky is okay in that way.

Whats recorded as being detrimental is saying after a few weeks, "I'm no longer a smoker." This causes you to be complacent and totally satisfied with small progress, rather than enduring the continued effort it takes to stop.

Vaping will not help. Light cigs will not help. Rationing will not help you stop all the way.
>>
>>17314642
How much do you smoke? How much did you used to smoke and for how long?
>>
File: tupkai apustaja.jpg (34 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
tupkai apustaja.jpg
34 KB, 657x527
What to do when feels impossible to do anything in life besides browsing boards and sleeping. Advices does not seem work and they are same and repetive shit
>>
>>17314652
BY ACTUALLY FUCKING DOING SHIT.

holy fuck its repetitive because you don't fucking listen. Get off this god damn board, sell your computer and go outside you fuck. This thread is for smoking cessation
>>
>>17314651
>how much smoke
like .75 packs a month
>used to smoke, how long
.75 packs a day for a year
>>
>>17314625

Is me.

>>17314642
>You never stop wanting to smoke.

This.

Longest I ever went without smoking is 6 months. I didn't really want to quit, but did so because my family found out and didn't want me smoking.

I was quite young at the time. To be honest, I fucking love smoking. It's my bread and butter. Shit's the reason I fucking live, even if it will eventually kill me.

Anyway, I was doing good at the whole 'no smoking' thing, up until my little cousin (who's more like a brother) got hit by a car. I broke down and started smoking again.

My parents had quit for years, just to start again because their mates left their cigarettes round the house, and they didn't want them to go to waste.

I believe you can stop, and quit. But it's something you have to really want. It's not something you can half-ass it with, and if you're saying "I'll just have this one last one" then you're doomed to fail.
>>
>>17314684
>if you say this is my last one, doomed to fail
Yeah thats the part about congratulating yourself early.

Saying "I will wait for this urge to buy a pack to pass, and the next time, and the next time," is much more reasonable and helpful to you.
>>
>>17314695
>Saying "I will wait for this urge to buy a pack to pass, and the next time, and the next time," is much more reasonable and helpful to you.

I guess that's what the whole "one day at a time" thing AA / NA is always going on about then.
>>
>>17314718
Its also a cult. One day at a time is the healthiest way to live. What you do now makes the future. The past is over. Focus on what you do now.
>>
I smoked for like 5 years and quit cold turkey. I had a bunch of relapses but it actually got easier each time. Now I haven't had a smoke for several years and never get the urge either (although I do really crave cigars once in a while which is very strange since I've never smoked one...).

My best advice would be to not feel too dissappointed in yourself if you do have a relapse, just keep looking forward and stay positive.
>>
>>17314589
My grandfather smoked a pack a day. His colleague bet him that he wouldn't be able to quit cold turkey. That was 20 years ago, an dhe hasn't touched tobacco since.

Yes, it sucks fucking ass to quit any substance to which you're physically addicted. But if you find yourself unable to quit it cold turkey, you're just weak as shit. Literally all you have to do is stop. No-one's forcing you to begin again. That's always been my mindset, and I 've never had any problems quitting anything.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.