[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anti-Loneliness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4
File: 1567741.jpg (28 KB, 772x672) Image search: [Google]
1567741.jpg
28 KB, 772x672
I'm in my mid 20's. I always hear people saying they're "lonely".

I don't feel this way. At all. I have my family (mother, father, older brother, all of whom still live in the same household and we all help each other out because lol economy), I have friends (both online who I have long and short conversations with, and play video games online with, as well as offline friends who I pretty much do the same with but irl), I have the internet (various places where I can discuss any given topic I'm actually interested in, in depth, at length, something I'd never find in real life unless I contracted a specific professor to speak with me at length or something).

I don't feel lonely. Ever.

On top of that? I like being alone. I like privacy. I like being able to do literally whatever I want, think/say whatever I want, with literally no judgment. No repercussions. In my mind I can imagine anything and no one would know nor care. When I'm alone I can be at peace, I can meditate, I can think about life and about certain topics like philosophy and psychology and math and science that all interest me. I love having a private place where no one bothers me, no one contradicts me, no one criticizes me, I am by myself and in some sense, experience the ultimate sense of Freedom.

My question here is: Is this wrong? Is there something wrong with me? My problem is that the few times I've tried to express this about myself to people, they've basically told me that it's a lie. That I actually am lonely, that everyone is, and that if I don't find a significant other or some analogy to that, I'm actually sad/depressed/etc. But I'm not, and while they deny that I feel that that is more their problem than mine, I wonder if there is something mentally deficient with me? Or am I actually above people in some way? Is this a blessing or a curse, essentially. I'll predicate that with saying I feel like it's a blessing, that I pity these people who feel lonely and who are so codependent.
>>
>>17314192
>humblebragging on 4chan
>>
File: 1467176214706.jpg (8 KB, 175x196) Image search: [Google]
1467176214706.jpg
8 KB, 175x196
>>17314192
>IM NOT LONELY EVER
>posts thread on 4chan

HELLO PLS RESPOND
>>
File: 1464109502639.jpg (60 KB, 722x349) Image search: [Google]
1464109502639.jpg
60 KB, 722x349
>>17314192
Well lucky you. l live with supportive parents and siblings, have a few close friends I see multiple times a week (we're going on vacation out of the country next week), and I feel lonely as fuck all the time. But I'm guessing the loneliness I feel is from >tfw no gf ever
>>
File: enditall.png (412 KB, 806x471) Image search: [Google]
enditall.png
412 KB, 806x471
I don't get lonely, really. I live with a roommate I don't talk to, and before I shared an office I could go a week without talking to anyone aside from cashiers. I used to be lonely, but that was when I was bitter and felt that life had shafted me by making me the kind of person who doesn't make friends easily. Now I live being by myself.

Loneliness is the most pleb feeling.
>>
>>17314192
>Loneliness does not come from having no people about one, but from being unable to communicate the things that seem important to oneself, or from holding certain views which others find inadmissible.
-Jung
>>
> they've basically told me that it's a lie. That I actually am lonely, that everyone is, and that if I don't find a significant other or some analogy to that, I'm actually sad/depressed/etc.

Don't listen to those idiots, they just want to think you're as miserable as they are. Imagine you eat food in moderation every day. Imagine your friends are poor people, far away and starving. They would tell you that you can't possibly be satisfied unless you stuff your face with with an entire cow every day.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.