[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it wrong for me to ignore someone out of the blue? Basically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1436758353865s.jpg (6 KB, 250x196) Image search: [Google]
1436758353865s.jpg
6 KB, 250x196
Is it wrong for me to ignore someone out of the blue? Basically I became friends with this girl for basically an entire semester. We ended up hooking up for quite a while. We also had plenty of pretty intimate sex.

Anyway she used to ask me about us but I made it clear that I "liked" her but I didn't want to date her. I think by doing this I sort of led her to believe we would eventually date. Eventually the semester ended and we both moved back to our respective homes, and she began to act way more clingy and annoying so I stopped responding to her texts. She still every so often asks me what's going on even though I haven't said anything to her in weeks.

Was beginning to ignore her the right thing to do, (because we weren't 'dating' by official terms) or should I have said/say something to her letting her know that I'm not interested anymore?
>>
>>17313391
Doing either choice will hurt her. However, as many females have learned, ignoring others is the less confrontational method.
>>
>>17313391
yeah that's pretty rude, you couldn't be assed to at least say like, "I don't think what we have is going to work LDR, sorry"? you just left someone with no closure and it's kinda a shitty thing to do. the only time straight dropping people is an okay thing is when they fuck you over to an extent that you're just done.
>>
>>17313406
>>17313402
so now that it's been several weeks afterwards, what should I say to her? I've already slept with other women.

Something along the lines of "Hey I'm sorry I didn't respond. I didn't mean to leave you wondering. I needed some time to myself. I don't think what we have is going to work, I'm sorry."
>>
bump. should I say something or is it far too late for that?
>>
>>17313747
Just let sleeping dogs die.
>>
Yes, you're an asshole. You knew you weren't interested but you used her and led her on. On top of that you're too much of a pussy to admit what you did to her. You should at least have the decency to end it properly.

>>17313747
No, it's not too late. She will be hurt all the same, so at least make it clear to her. Don't use euphemism and don't sugarcoat it. You have to be clear that there's no chance you'll ever date her.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.