[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Getting back together after breakup?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: cutest-panda-gifs-ball.gif.webm (556 KB, 300x332) Image search: [Google]
cutest-panda-gifs-ball.gif.webm
556 KB, 300x332
Hi /adv/,

any anons on here who have gotten back together with their ex boyfriend/girlfriend a few months after the breakup or so?

My girlfriend of two years broke up with me three months ago out of the blue. Since then, after recovering from the initial phase of hitting a new all time low and being sad, I have followed the usual /adv/ guideline of focussing on myself, getting new hobbies, meeting other girls etc and I'd say that worked out pretty nicely. However, I still feel that she is the one I really want to be with, and with all the self-improvement and reflecting on the relationship I have done, I think I am now ready to give it another try and rekindle the relationship.

Is there anyone who would like to share their story or maybe even some advice? It's really much appreciated. I can provide more background of the breakup if needed.

Thanks in advance!
>>
>>17312959
Let it go, anon. There's nothing wrong with what you're doing now (aside from lying to yourself), so stay on the path to self-improvement.
>>
My girlfriend of 2 years broke up with me, and got back together 4 months later. We were together for another 5 months and we started living together. She then cheated on me and I kicked her out.

If it didn't work out the first time, it won't the next most likely. Keep focusing on yourself.
>>
Depends largely on the reason why you two split. I've recently gone through a divorce and my feelings are pretty much everywhere. Sometimes I think it's worth a shot, sometimes I don't want to ever even see her again. Middle ground also happens.
>>
>>17312959
SHE broke up with YOU. it really doesn't matter if she is who you want to be with, because she doesn't want to fucking be with you.
>>
File: 1466828225257.gif (1 MB, 245x225) Image search: [Google]
1466828225257.gif
1 MB, 245x225
Stay strong, friend. That's all I can tell you.
>>
Thanks for all the input so far! I feared that most of you would tell me to let go, though.

>>17313002

Our relationship was going pretty strong and she really loved me above everything. The reason for the breakup was ultimately my fault. I moved in with a good friend of mine, and pretty much neglected her for a month or two in favor of doing shit with said friend and focussing on University. She must have felt really lonely, the problem is I didnt realize what was going on because she didn't tell me. I also didn't text her as much because god knows why, I really hate it when friends always stare at their phones when talking, watching a movie etc. Wanted to set a good example, basically.

Tl;Dr: She felt we were being too distant and in her anger and sadness, she probably started to only think of every tiny negative in our relationship (eg stuff like small fights that happened one and a half year ago). We were a great couple until then, although of course you have to take my word for it.

In my mind, all of this could be fixed if I had the chance to show her I now have my priorities straight and appreciate her, and spend some time talking it out. But I don't know how to achieve such a chance.
>>
>>17313037
Also recovering from a breakup and your picture is nice though I don't remember that line.

also OP, read The Meditations of Marcus Aurelius
>>
Broke up with the love of my life earlier this year because neither of us could handle a relationship then. We didn't speak for 3 months, despite being in close proximity a lot, because it would hurt too much. She got diagnosed with bipolar II disorder, went on a treatment plan, and got to a much better place. I grew a lot as a person. We're back now and stronger than ever, every single issue from our last relationship is totally gone because the sources for them are gone and we're talking about staying in it for the long run.

It does work sometimes, but only if there's good reason.
>>
>>17313144
It's more about the message than the show itself. I, too, went through a divorce. And that picture, among others, keeps me sane.
>>
My boyfriend of 3 1/2 years broke up with me last November and we were broken up until New Year's Eve.
A lot of the time, getting back together doesn't work out. The problems that were there before will more often than not remain when you rekindle the relationship.
My boyfriend and I have happily been together since then, but I still have my worries that he'll wake up one day and decide he doesn't love me.
It's really just a gamble to try and get back into a broken relationship. You both have to do changing and forgive whatever happened during your relationship and what happened out of it.
It's a process, OP. If she wants to get back together, then fine, go for it! But if this is one sided then it's probably not worth it
>>
Again, thank all of you for posting. I would love to reply to everyone, but I'm still at work right now

>>17313174

Right now, she's really trying to shut me out. I know she's kinda wavering, but we only recently started texting again and sometimes she's still really cold. I assume she's trying to protect herself, she's very vulnerable emotionally and this was her first relationship ever.

Two weeks after the breakup, I couldn't stand it anymore and called her. That's how I know she kinda collected every bad thing that happened until she felt she had enough of a reason to break up. It's like she never forgave me for anything while I usually just forgive and forget immediately

I know I am looking at this way to rationally while she's acting based on her emotions. All this happened way too quickly, the only way this would be understandable to me is of she feel for someone else in the time we didn't see each other. However, I think that's very unlikely.

How do I get through to her and communicate that our relationship is with another try without being pushy and dictating her what to do and feel?
>>
Polite bump for more stories and other input!
>>
>>17312959
broke up with three different ex's and foolishly attempted to get back with each after they begged. Great for about a week or a month then it crashed. All it did was take me longer to get over. No do overs for me now.
>>
Left my bf four months ago, got back together a week ago.
He let me be but I knew he wanted me back. He gave me all the space I needed and I was able to figure out my issues. Then he sent me a pic of his new kitten because I love cats and we started talking and he told me that he worked on his issues too, we met and this feels better than ever. Can't say will it last but it's best to remember that in life, nothing is permanent.
>>
>>17313545
by being you did that include dating that new guy you had your eye on?
>>
>>17313560
Huh? No i didn't date anyone, i doubt it could work out if you date someone else
>>
I wish that was possible. I've heard many people say they have, others just never did. A friend got back together with his ex-girlfriend a while back and they've been together ever since getting back together (so a bit over two years)
Personal experience isn't quite that ideal, though. Ended a relationship at the end of last year because I was insecure, hesitated too long to ever fix it and he's optimistic about his new relationship now. No blame goes to him, my hesitation and insecurity. Just gotta accept that.

It can happen, but not for everyone. If it can't happen, then I guess we just need to force ourselves to get over it and walk forward.
>>
>>17313570
thank you for saying that because my ex has been trying to convince me to get back together but I found out she was seeing a lot of guys. Her argument is she now appreciates me more
>>
>>17313575
>>17313545

It makes me happy to hear that shit eventually worked out for some people. I am prepared to work hard for this, since most of the faults that lead to the breakup were mine anyway, I guess. She has some too, of course, but I've never really complained until now and I won't start doing that now as I would like to avoid all the shit-flinging that often arises in breakups.
>>
>>17313627
Well, I wish you good luck in your own situation, anon. Hopefully you'll have a success story
>>
Just be happy and always strive to be a better person, friend. Best of luck and all the best to you two.
>>
>>17313643
>>17313639

Thank you! Really appreciate it.

Last question: Would it be a good idea to ask her if she wants to hang out? Not talking about the whole breakup thing, but just chill, grab a coffee and talk about what has happened in each others' life since then?
>>
>>17313738
If she shows interest in chatting at all, it could work. Don't suffocate her though, give her some space.
>>
>>17313803

Well, she said she would "love to see me again", but not as a date where I determine the place and invite her etc.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.