[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> 25, live at home w/ parents, unemployed > 2.5 years of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 3935983-lg.jpg (221 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
3935983-lg.jpg
221 KB, 800x533
> 25, live at home w/ parents, unemployed
> 2.5 years of college, 0.5 year cc, 0.5 year McD’s
> might be able to stretch that out to 3 years college, 1 year cc, 1 year McD's for resume. advice appreciated
> mentally ill
> applied for ssi, application process has been long & difficult (3+ years, 3 or 4 rejections). Should I keep trying (how long, when should I stop)? advice appreciated
> Basically, I see 3 paths. cc, ssi, min. wage.
> I'm against min. wage because it's difficult and I don't see how to live on it plus mental problems
> For cc, I have no idea what to pursue. went 6 months in HVAC, got EPA cert. sent out a dozen resumes, only got one interview, no job. Some people I know and a lot of people online seem to go into IT.
> Online work: I am looking into NiceTalk, LeapForce, FreeCodeCamp
> SSI: I have my misgivings on this too.
> advice welcome
>>
>>17312585
Make up your mind who you are.

Either you are relatively sane and fit, and want careers advice, or you have decided you are mentally ill and want help getting benefits.

Make the choice.
>>
>>17312631
all of this...

Plus, why have you taken the option of going back to college off the table? Did you fuck up that bad?
>>
>>17312631
I believe I'm mentally ill but the SSA doesn't agree with me (so far, and I do know it's common to get rejected for benefits).
I think it'd be nice to be in cc so I'm leaning towards that. Being on disability wouldn't preclude me from being in school.
>>17312700
I fucked up pretty bad. Had medical withdrawals for several semesters. Just barely in continued good standing. (I'm actually pretty proud of that.)
I never truly knew what I was doing and had difficulty handling the work.
If I go back I have to really know what I'm doing and feel the desire to do so, I think. I don't right now.
>>
Greasy neet
>>
>>17312773
Thanks for the idea. If I ever suck hard at college I am just going to get on disability. That's what I've learned from this thread.

Suck at school, work for 1yr total, say fuck all and chase SSA benefits.

Thanks, OP, you're an inspiration.
>>
>>17312842
Lol
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.