[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mom lost her job. What do I do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: eliot.jpg (101 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
eliot.jpg
101 KB, 1200x1200
>18
>Start college in august
>Paying with student loans/scholarships
>Mom lost her job tuesday
>Shoulder injury fucked her up, arm movement restrictions make it harder to get a job
>Brother is 21, lives at home, part time job, spends all the money on weed and booze. Leeches off mom
Should I cancel my enrollment and stay here to support her, or go to college? what should I do?
>>
>>17312177
Go to college. Help her by getting a well paying job rather than a shelf stocker.
>>
>>17312181
> college
> getting a well paying job

Kek, good luck.

You can also just skip the useless brainwashing college degree and educate yourself and fight your way into a great job. I'm on year 4 on this plan now and just got another raise. Maybe I'll go to college in a couple of years, IF and only IF I find a subject I'd really like to learn with the help of someone else.
>>
>>17312177
Go to college and apply yourself. Stay focused and apply to every damn scholarship as possible.

If you keep your GPA high (3.9+), you basically get paid to write essays and personal statements. This is not hyperbole, either, it's a real thing.

Use what you need to survive, send mum the rest.
>>
>>17312177
Best go to college on my opinion and enter a field that good such as one of the STEM fields.
>>
What's the worst that could happen, her having to accept money from the government?
>>
>>17312177
What country do you live in anyway the US?
>>
Go to college. It's gonna be hard but you need to up your earning potential if you really want to be taking care of your mother in a few years. If you actually have scholarships and loans and get a lot of money back, send it back home. And tell your brother to get off his ass, seriously. It'll do him some good too.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.