[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mentally Ill Friend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
File: QM.jpg (4 KB, 200x252) Image search: [Google]
QM.jpg
4 KB, 200x252
Hey /adv/, I was directed here from /b/ after asking a question about how to deal with a friend of mine on Steam. The long story short is he's young teenager and his mental state has degraded over the years, and has a history of self harm. Despite his issues he refused to see any kind of professional help or improve his situation in any way. He would use his "friends", i.e. Steam friends, as the metaphorical drugs. Now, I snapped at him, and I feel awful. I was tired of his pathetic attitude, how he refused to take anyone's advice on improving his situation, how he acted so standoffish with no real reason why.

As the situation currently is I tried re-adding him on Steam after un blocking him, and he shot me down. I looked up his profile and found a Project Zomboid account matching him, though a confirmation is yet to come.

So, /adv/, what do I do?
>>
File: Jax.jpg (72 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Jax.jpg
72 KB, 1280x720
One cannot save people, even if they want to be saved and one can hang out with them in person.
>>
>>17312114
So what you're saying is I can't save him? Are you sure? There's nothing I can do?
>>
File: Studyinforce.jpg (17 KB, 468x315) Image search: [Google]
Studyinforce.jpg
17 KB, 468x315
>>17312121
Of course you can't save him. You need to accept it.

>Denial is the first stage of grief.
>>
>>17312109
>Telling someone not to touch the boiling water, they do it anyway.
You have tried helping him, giving him advice but hes shot it down and refuses to do anything about it. Free your mind of guilt, you are not in charge of his well being and you have done all you can do minus physically forcing him.
>>
>>17312109
he's struggling. please tell him to get help. thats the best you can do.

i know it took me a while to get that.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.