[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dating site advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 150x150
I just started getting into the world of online dating, but I don't know what sites are legit or what their focus is. I know for example that Tinder is generally seen as a place for quick sex as opposed to long term relationships: that's the kind of advice I'm looking for. I also want to find a site with as little paywalls hiding features as possible (I quit pic related in less than a week for this very reason).
>>
File: 1466853198303.png (132 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1466853198303.png
132 KB, 396x385
>>17311273
Online dating doesn't work. Go to where people usually hang around and socialize.

A lot of profiles tend to be fake to prop up those sites.

Also you're at risk of getting your CC info leaked when those sites get hacked.
>>
>>17311273
Okc doesn't have a paywall..
You can straight up message and browse matches for free. Odds are you're either an ugly cunt or just a cunt.
That said, online dating is usually bullshit.
It's only really effective when you live in a big city, especially if you have niche interests. Doesn't hurt to put yourself out there, but you have to realize that it's like a job application and there's literally hundreds of other people competing with you on them.
>>
>>17311300

this. my experience has been that dating apps and sites are only good for about a month at max.

think about it this way:
>someone claims they want a boyfriend
>so she creates a profile on a dating site
>she is handed a large list of men simply waiting for her to say 'yes ill be your girlfriend'
>yet somehow she manages to be single for months

now im not saying we should all settle down with the first person who catches our interest. i am pro single and think that we should only date someone we have extreme connections with, making dating apps rather obsolete for me if it wasnt for the sex aspect.

but if a girl who is clearly looking for matches cant find one in over a month of online dating with hundreds of options, what does that say about her?

it may say she isnt really looking to date, just hte idea of dating. it may say her standards are too high. but at the very least it says that online dating doesnt work for her.

and i dont blame her. first few weeks on tinder were a whirlwind of emotions. great girls, awesome dates, some of them leading to more dates. if i was a casual dater id definitely have asked one of them to be my girlfriend.

but ive been on it two months now and its dried up. you go through all your options, get a few matches a day at best, and you got 100 matches you havent even bothered messaging cuz they're just kinda 'alright' looking.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.