[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My girlfriend wanted to watch a movie with me last night but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 49386500_p0.png (427 KB, 1125x1350) Image search: [Google]
49386500_p0.png
427 KB, 1125x1350
My girlfriend wanted to watch a movie with me last night but was obviously getting sleepy. She said it was one of her favorites, Scott Pilgrim. I thought "Well, okay how about you go to bed and I'll read the first volume of it since I prefer comics over movies."

So she goes to bed, I'm reading it and then I realize something: I actually kinda fucking hate Scott Pilgrim. He is a total dick and I feel bad for his friends for being his friends.

My girlfriend and I usually likes the same thing (4+ btw years) How do I tell my girlfriend that I actually really hate one of her favorite series?
>>
>>17310871
>being this underage
>>
"I really fucking hate Scott Pilgrim, let's get into therapy."
>>
Wow you've really hit on the big issues here. Sorry but only experienced in less important stuff like should we have another baby or should I change jobs while having the stress of a mortgage. I'll leave this important question to the pros.
>>
File: 1466855668160.jpg (119 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1466855668160.jpg
119 KB, 960x720
>>17310871
Get off 4chan
>>
>>17310871
Why the fuck is it mandatory that you like the same shit she likes?

Just be polite. 'hey it wasn't that bad but i don't think it's my cup of tea. Mainly because 1. 2. 3.. but these are simply my impressions and I could be wrong. Why things do YOU find interesting about it?"

Having different tastes is normal and not accepting this is childish as fuck.
>>
This is a weird-ass thread for all the reasons people have already stated, but for whatever it's worth, Scott Pilgrim the comic book character is nothing at all like Scott Pilgrim the movie character, largely because Michael Cera is apparently incapable of playing anybody but Michael Cera. So if she hasn't read the comics she probably has no idea what Pilgrim's comics-self is like.

Also, man, he's supposed to be an asshole! Also just sorta dumb. That's what the comics are about, when you strip away all the quirky humor and video game references: his maturation process into a semi-decent human being.

That said, if you still don't like the series, then don't read it. Why on earth do you feel like you and your girlfriend have to have the exact same tastes in things? You don't want to date a chick version of yourself, do you?
>>
It's not that I want us to like everything completely, I just don't know how to say it without disappointing her, I guess.
>>
you're not supposed to like him
that's kinda the point
>>
>>17310958
See my reply here >>17310899
Maybe you missed some things which she will point out. Again, don't say anything negative about it and be really polite.

You have 4+ years together she probably won't care if you loved the movie or not..
>>
Alright. Thanks Anon. Sorry to the other Anons that my question wasn't serious enough for them.
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 316x465) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 316x465
>>17310871
>He is a total dick and I feel bad for his friends for being his friends.

Well duh, I suppose next you're going to try to tell Max Caulfield doesn't accomplish anything
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.