[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a bunch of cash lying on the street. It isn't as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: American_Cash.jpg (469 KB, 2403x1919) Image search: [Google]
American_Cash.jpg
469 KB, 2403x1919
I have a bunch of cash lying on the street. It isn't as much as what's in the pic, but I will say it's about a month's pay for a minimum wage job.
Now when I say I found it on the street I mean that. It was literally just in a small pile on the sidewalk. That particular sidewalk has very little foot traffic so I would say it was at most ten minutes since the money was dropped there.
What I need help with is deciding what to do with all the Benjamins I came across. My first instinct is to return the money to whomever lost it, but I haven't a clue how to go about doing that. I could also just keep it I suppose. Though I don't like the idea of depriving someone of their rent money. Part of me also does wonder if this is dirty money though it isn't THAT much. We're talking about a decent wad not a dufflebag.
>>
Turn it into a police station. It'll be yours after a period of time if nobody claims it
>>
>>17310855
just keep it you faggot. you're never going to track down the retard that loses a wad of cash.
>>
just keep it shithead
>>
File: 1426570536658.gif (2 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1426570536658.gif
2 MB, 200x150
>>17310855
> my first instinct is to return it to whomever lost it.

I can't even...
>>
>>17310864
>It'll be yours after a period of time if nobody claims it
does this shit actually happen? How do they even determine whose it is? Do people just go up and say "Hey I lost some money" and they hand it to them like "okay here you go citizen x just turned it in". Do crooked cops just pocket it after that time period ends and say the real owner claimed it? Like who has actually turned something in to the police and then gotten it back later?
>>
>>17311003
>tell the police all the details you have about the cash and where you found it
>ask individuals trying to claim money about details only the true owner would know
>>
>>17311025
If I lost money I wouldn't know where I lost it. I probably wouldn't even know the exact amount I dropped because I don't count my shekels every ten minutes.
>>
keep it you can't do anything about it.
>>
>>17310931
Right? I can't BELIEVE somebody on here would actually try and do the right thing!
>>
Sit on it for like a month, if no one comes looking for it it's yours
>>
>>17311003

Unlike personal possessions which are easily identifiable, money is money. If whoever lost it doesn't know the serial numbers, it's pretty difficult to prove it's theirs at all. So while it happens, it doesn't happen a lot.

When I was in middle school, I found a $10k banded stack of cash in a paper bag on a grassy trail in a then-undeveloped area near my neighborhood. My neighborhood is not known for drug dealing or gangs or violent crime of any kind, but it's hard to come up with a non-shady way for it to be in the area at all in cash form, not to mention seperated from its owner.

I brought it to my parents, who had a long talk about what to do with it, and they eventually decided not to turn it in, and to add it to my college fund, a little at a time. They gave me a few hundred to spend as I pleased, so long as I didn't flash it around, and the rest helped pay for uni.

It's the sort of thing that's commonly fantasized about, but I didn't get to really *feel* richer, and while it ultimately was put toward my benefit, it also let my parents off the hook a bit when it came to saving for my education, so in a lot of ways, they really got the most out of it.

I should be pissed, but what does a middle schooler need with $10k anyway? I would have just wasted it.
>>
>>17311032
If it was as large a stack as op makes it out to be, whoever lost it was probably going somewhere specific, such as to make a deposit at the bank and should have an idea how much it was.
>>
>>17310855
Have you ever seen No country for old men?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.