[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't have a conflict without everyone thinking I am an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
I can't have a conflict without everyone thinking I am an arsehole.

It's either I take shit from people or I stick up for myself and have everyone think I am a massive dick head.

Why?
>>
>>17309945
That's normally the nature of conflict, two sides of a story means your gonna look like dick no matter what, all you can really do is avoid it
>>
>>17309945
do you actively seek out conflict? are you prone to escalating issues?

if everyone is calling you an asshole then there's probably a reason for it. conflicts have sides and people align themselves to a side if they're in the audience, if no one is ever on your side then maybe you're just retarded.

the good ol'e "if it smells like shit everywhere you go then it's time to check your shoes" may apply here.
>>
>>17309948
What I mean is that every time I have a conflict a large group of people think I am the arsehole and never take my side...

For example I just had a fight with someone because I was up at 1:30 am, and saw someone else online and said to them "go to bed, does your mum know you are up this late"

Clearly a joke, but they took it seriously...

Now if this conflict goes on longer, and I stick up for myself people are going to think I am the arsehole...

and I don't know how long I can ignore it because I have always found it difficult to take shit from people.
>>
>>17309945
You know what you call someone who thinks they're right and EVERYONE else is wrong?
An arsehole.
>>
>>17309962
>I have always found it difficult to take shit from people.
That's a good indicator of an asshole. You like to give it, but can't take it.
>>
>>17309964
That's not me.

>>17309969
I can take it...
>>
They don't like you. Or they just like the people you're in conflict with more. It's up to you to figure out why and how to remedy it.
>>
>>17309983

Thank you. This is good advice.
>>
>go to bed

How about you go to bed
>i will tell your mum

I'm an artist i go to bed when i feel like it
I will tell your boyfriend
>plz dont

Is he mad at you for not swallowing?
>youve got claws girl
>lol

You're a strange man
>im an artist
>im allowed to be

>Well thats true
>At least grow a beard
i am

Good, that way you can get away with shit like his
This*
>i dont really have to try to be weird or different
>warhol, dali even contemporary artists like >lister
>they are all a bit odd
>im just glad i dont have to try like some people

Like me?
Fuck you man
>not you lol

Goodnight warhol, *warwhore

This is the conversation.
>>
>>17309962
i assume your joke has truth behind it. are you insulting this someone (you don't refer to him/her as a friend) for their immaturity or something? perhaps this individual still lives with their parents long after what's deemed normal?

and why do you feel the need to stick up for yourself? you either made a joke in bad taste or this dude is assblasted about you insulting him (which is a pretty normal reaction) and calling it a joke. "sorry m80, i was just joking." and drop it. why continue to go back and stroke the flames?
>>
I'm not sure if the joke has truth behind it.
>>
>>17309945
Are you someone who usually gets a lot of shit from people? If you are: typically when this kind of person stands up for themself the people around them are so used to their usual behavior, and having no respect for them due to it, that they usually react badly - seeing you as an asshole.
The simple solution for this is to always stick up for yourself when needed and to be around people who have respect for you, inherently, if someone gives you shit regularly, it's because they don't respect you as a person.
>>
same here, the other person starts it and i end up being the cunt
i figure it's because i'm extra-inflammatory and bitchy. also i'm ugly, and who are you going to stand up for? bertha or stacey? it's a given.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.