[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gf and money issues
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1444952799744.jpg (23 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1444952799744.jpg
23 KB, 320x240
Hi /adv/ so I've been dating this girl for 7 months, we're both 20 years old

Me and my family are pretty well off, we have money for paying school, a nice car for every member, you get the idea.

My gf's family are mid-low class, they have 1 car and it's a cheap one, and they never go on vacations.

So we're in college (same semester) and we have to make the payment for the next semester before the 1st of july, it's not much ($200) and she is very worried because her dad told her that he doesn't have the money and gave her $100 to see if she can get a extension, I'm pretty mad about this because her dad doesn't seem to care, he can always get a loan from his boss or some shit but he is not doing it, and he recently bought a new dinning table, but he apparently doesn't have the money to pay her school.

I want to pay for her, I really do, I have a work, and have money saved up that I made on my own without anybody's help.

It wouldn't affect me at all if I pay, but I'm scared of the precedent this will leave, her family knows I have money, and I don't want to start paying stuff her dad has the obligation to pay, so what should I do?
>>
>>17307431
>I'm pretty mad about this because her dad doesn't seem to care, he can always get a loan from his boss or some shit but he is not doing it, and he recently bought a new dinning table, but he apparently doesn't have the money to pay her school.
>I don't want to start paying stuff her dad has the obligation to pay
Is it an American thing where parents are responsible for paying for their kids' uni or something? The way I see it, paying for her education is up to her.
>>
I would pay for it, but make it clear that it won't be a regular thing.
>>
>>17307441
We're in Mexico, here the dad has to do that or at least help with the paymen. That's how it goes for 90% of the students
>>
>>17307441
Well, its called "family" "love" "helping your loved kids" "making sure your family is strong, educated and have good job" "trying to make your kids life better" "taking resposibility of your children" "enjoying loving family and children that will take care of you when you are old".
>>
>>17307458
He doesn't have to, but obviously he wants to. Pay the 200, but suggest to her to look for part time work so she can save so if this happens in the future she has money to cover it.
>>
>>17307431
>he can always get a loan from his boss or some shit but he is not doing it
You're being a little presumptuous there. I'd guess that because you've allways had everything handed to you on a silver platter that you have no concept of what life is like when you've got more month left than you have money.

As far as your gf's tuition fees go, if I were in that situation I'd give her the money, but make out like you got it from a windfall - won it on a scratchcard, found it down the back of the sofa, whatever - and that it's a one off, not something you'll be able to do on a regular basis.

>>17307478
Part of being a good parent is teaching your kids to stand on their own two feet. If you provide everything for them, solve all their problems and shield them from everything unpleasant, you end with with an adult that's completley unable to function in any meaningful way without outside support.
>>
>>17307503
I agree with this guy.

Op is so disconnected from reality. "Borrow from boss" yeah right lol.
>>
>>17307503

> I'd guess that because you've always had everything handed to you on a silver platter that you have no concept of what life is like when you've got more month left than you have money.

It really hasn't been like that at all, I was poor when I was a kid, my mom used to fill the ketchup with water so it would last, I'm telling you the loan stuff because my dad used to do it before, just to be able to buy food. We've been living like this for like 4 years.

> I'd give her the money, but make out like you got it from a windfall
She knows I have the money.

>>17307519
His dad works in a factory, It's not uncommon at all to do this, maybe because you haven't seen anyone do it, but in low-paying jobs, It does happen, and I'm not talking about working at mcdonalds or some shit
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.