[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I dropped out of college for personal reasons and now I feel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: images (23).jpg (31 KB, 446x329) Image search: [Google]
images (23).jpg
31 KB, 446x329
So I dropped out of college for personal reasons and now I feel useless and lost. I'm 19 and I want to make something of myself. Should I get a job? Should I keep studying? I honestly can't answer this questions myself, seeing as I don't even know what am I fighting for.
I'm lost. Any kind of help will be extremely appreciated.
>>
Keep studying, good things will come
>>
>>17307414
If you can return to uni do it. I was in the same situation.

>tfw chickened out and dropped punpun manga (is it it)
>>
>>17307424
This.

Keep studying, anon. You're 19, you dropped out, so what? Just go back so you're not in your mid 30's one day flipping burgers.
>>
>>17307414
The best move is to keep studying. However, I am not much older than you and I understand how school can be really overwhelming and just not seem worth it. I can tell you to keep studying until I am blue in the face, but if you don't want to do it and can't commit yourself to power through it, then you're wasting your time.

You can always join the military and try school later, but every single person I've spoken with who took that route told me they would have much rather just gone to school in the first place. At the end of the day, it's your life and your choice.
>>
File: Punpun_god.png (137 KB, 689x491) Image search: [Google]
Punpun_god.png
137 KB, 689x491
>>17307414
I'll preface my answer with this... as someone who went college against their better judgement, and then continued on and finished a doctorate in pharmacy begrudgingly, and is now full of regret, the answer is extremely simple, and if you second guess yourself you will most likely regret what you chose to do.

If there is something that interests you, including or excluding school, do it 100%. It doesn't matter if it won't get you a retirement, or you can't date people of the upper class because you have no money, or you will be broke as fuck 10-20 years down the road. You will feel some form of regret. The second piece of advice to this is that people will ALWAYS try to convince you that you can't do something because it will lead to ________ or it's just not a wise decision. People don't know shit, anon, even adults. I'm 28 now, and I've worked extremely hard, but I confess that I still don't know shit, or don't have my shit together. The only thing I have a faint idea about now is myself, or what makes me happy. Unless you are a happy idiot, which I don't think you are given you posted a picture from Punpun (my favorite manga!), you will probably regret just trudging on doing school *IF* there is something else that you'd rather be doing that doesn't involve school. Now, if you're not sure what it is you want to do, school might be a great option in the meantime. There is a lot of room for self exploration in school GIVEN that you don't choose something really difficult like biology or premed, that takes over your life. I think you really need to do a lot of self exploration at this time.

What is it that you want to do?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.