[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bored at work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 20140221_192613.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20140221_192613.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
I work at a help desk and for the most part there's a lot of down time. I usually just watch YouTube or play some shitty flash games but lately I've been sick of doing that for hours. What are some things that either productive or will help me past the time that I can do from the computer I sit at all day. I'm not really supposed to install anything in them. It can be games, programming, reading, anything.
>>
>>17307406
Write literature, save it on evernote or something.
Get a pen tablet if you like that and draw.
Take part in a forum.

I know it's easy but DO NOT waste your time on that youtube crap.
>>
>>17307406
If you're a decent writer and researcher, you can write papers and get paid.

But since I have you the idea, you will have to do mine for free.
>>
>>17307406
>I work at a help desk and for the most part there's a lot of down time.

Learn some shit for free while getting paid at work. Take the Server Fundamentals test in your free time and get your MTA. You can put it after your name and it doesn't expire.

https://mva.microsoft.com/?lang=en-US

https://www.amazon.com/Learn-Windows-PowerShell-Month-Lunches/dp/1617291080
>>
i always find cy.tube to be fun. get to watch stuff and chat with other people.

or you could go to specific websites to learn something like math or writing.

you could learn stuff off youtube like crocheting. find an easy pattern (like a scarf), see what size hooks & yarn you need, buy it, then practice at work.

Listen to a podcast or audio book. learn a new language.
>>
>>17307440
This is a great answer. Thank you

>>17307444
I have twitch for that
>>
>>17307406
I assume that you're qualified for something computer software related, if you're at a help desk. I have a good suggestion, no scam, but I don't want to shill a referral program here out in the open.
Tell me your qualifications, and give me a way to reach you off of 4chan.
>>
>>17307764
Well I'm currently a full time student. Computer Science with a concentration in information systems. Currently my help desk position is the only experience I have and am looking for anything else.

You can reach me at [email protected]
>>
>>17308045
So you don't yet have a degree or any certification? I don't think I can set you up, sorry.
>>
>>17308113
Well that's all I got buddy. Another year until I graduate.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.