[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OK /adv/, you're one of those board habitated mainly by
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1365999386158.png (119 KB, 299x328) Image search: [Google]
1365999386158.png
119 KB, 299x328
OK /adv/, you're one of those board habitated mainly by normal, succesful people, so I need your help.
This weekend is my birthday, so I organized a night out with some friends in a bar. Thing is, I'm not exactly shy, but kinda introverted, and because of that I don't have a lot of social experience. But I would like to end the night having met a girl.
Any advice on how to aproach girl, stuff to say, what should I notice to have a good conversation, etc?
Picture unrelated
>>
>>17306984

id recommend not trying. mostly because you are putting a lot of pressure on yourself to enjoy your birthday in a way you cant guarantee with an activity you've never done before.

birthdays are about celebrating your life with your existing friends and having a good time. not trying to get laid for the first time.

go for the next three weeks after that to try and meet women.

that being said here is your guide

>see a woman
>head up and introduce yourself and your friend(s)
>explain its your birthday, you're hanging out, having a good time
>ask them names, what they're up to
>if its going well stop suddenly and be like 'can we get any of you ladies a drink?' and see if they accept.

thats basically it. for better results you can spend the night making eye contact with random ladies and approaching them if they give an inviting glance, but its hit or miss as sometimes they just see you looking at them and its hard to tell what is 'inviting' and whats just 'stop looking at me'
>>
>>17306984
>/adv/
>normal, successful people
>>
>>17306984
Take a shot or two beforehand. Sip on beer to maintain and it will help keep you social. Don't over drink.

Don't worry about approaching and what you are going to say, you'll know when the time comes.
>>
>>17307004
Ah, I see. I think what you say makes sense. About enjoying the night about my birthday, but I just wanted to take advantage of the night to meet someone. But yeah, it might be hard, given all the diverity of people that also goes out, and there is not a guaranty I would meet someone who's my type.

>>17307008
Sorry, first time here. My main boards are /fit/ and /v/.

>>17307030
Well, that's the thing. I don't know what to say.
>>
>>17307034

or even that you meet someone who is open to meeting you even if they are your type. you might just strike out for no reason other than approaching people at the wrong time.

if i want to pick someone up i go out with that sole intention cuz out of everyone in the bar you might be lucky if one is willing to go home with you.

and thats okay but for ur birthday do more guaranteed fun. if anything happens a long the way that s great but it sounds like you'll be disappointed if ur first time trying to pick up women goes wrong
>>
>>17307047
No, don't worry. I want to go out first because I haven't had a free day for myself in months, and want to drink until passing out with some friends. I just thought meeting a girl would be fun.
>>
>>17306984
>you're one of those board habitated mainly by normal, succesful people

My god
My god this is too much
Lmaoing at your life OP
>>
>>17307054

then try the approach a few times just dont make it ur focal point for the evening.

happy birthday op
>>
>This weekend is my birthday, so I organized a night out with some friends in a bar.
You organized your own birthday? That's kind of depressing. Hopefully your friends will at least not make you buy your own drinks.
>>
>>17307082

>thats depressing

not really. i organize my birthday every year. so does my best friend. despite each of us having best friends and girlfriends and families.

you're taking the surprise party meme too far. thats for TV sitcoms, not for real life.

in real life you pick a restaurant, bar, or laser tag facility, and go at it.
>>
File: Katsushika Hokusai - Fukujuso.jpg (124 KB, 682x452) Image search: [Google]
Katsushika Hokusai - Fukujuso.jpg
124 KB, 682x452
>>17307090
Literally walk up to the hottest chick in the bar and say "Hello, today is my birthday. My friends just offered me $500 if I convinced you to kiss me before the night is over. If you kiss me, I will share the money with you. Now that being said, may I buy you a drink?"
>>
>>17307082
Why wouldn't I organize what I want to do on my birthday? I want to at least control some variables to enjoy the night, and choosing the place, the time and the people you invite is how you do it.
>>
>>17306984
>/adv/
>normies

Pick one and only one.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.