[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do women dislike when people find their bodies attractive?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7
File: 1467172725489[1].png (29 KB, 441x418) Image search: [Google]
1467172725489[1].png
29 KB, 441x418
Why do women dislike when people find their bodies attractive?
>>
>>17306921
Well, if I said hello to everyone that enters the coffeeshop, then they'll assume I'm some homeless beggar and I can be kicked out of the building with just that presumption.

Anyway, my god, "misogyny" is tearing this country apart. Now I need advice: What's a good place to move to when the USA crashes? I hear Ireland is a good place to be in.
>>
>>17306921
They only mind when the person saying hello to them isn't attractive to them. This applies to both genders.

Also, that dumb bitch in your picture needs a punch to the jaw.
>>
Are there people that really have a stick this far up their ass?
>>
Let's put it this way:

Imagine you were wealthy and you really enjoy cruising in your Ferrari on the weekends because you love your car and you love to drive. However, everyone just keeps walking up to you asking you for money because obviously you're doing pretty well for yourself.

Eventually, I'd imagine that you'd get pretty tired of it. The first couple of times it wasn't so bad, it seemed like maybe people were just gravitating towards you and drawn by your success - but soon it becomes obvious that they all just want something out of you (your influence, your connections, or your money) - no one actually wants to be your friend. Well, maybe some of them do but it becomes really damn hard to tell the difference.
>>
>>17306921

because if t they arent being discriminated against or sexualized or objectified than what else do they have? think about it.

they get off on the oppression. i hate to be that guy, cuz there are serious issues, but this is a tumblr tier post. its a girl saying its wrong to find her attractive. that you arent allowed to ever talk to her unless you get to know her first.

see how that doesnt work?

everyone ive ever dated i met because i
1) saw that they were attractive
2) went up and introduced myself to them.

if they werent worth getting to know, i ditched. if i wasnt worth getting to know, they ditched.

we dont stay together out of mutual attraction.

romance is equal parts chemistry and sex. without the sex, which requires attraction, you're just friends.
>>
>>17307028

and thats great. but to say we simply arent allowed to approach women because of this is ridiculous. how do we get to know a girl without getting to know them?

im not going to approach an ugly guy. why would I? i will talk to an ugly guy if im in the circumstance and become friends often, but when it comes to romance i need to be attracted to the guy. this involves actually going up and talking to them.

ive had to turn down a lot of guys to, but its flattering to know someones hitting on me, even if they are ugly, or trans, or just not my type. its great boost.

there is nothing wrong with being attractive. there is nothing wrong with approaching someone because you find them attractive.

if u arent into hook ups, thats fine, DONT HOOK UP. but dont be mad that the entire world doesnt cater to your preference of being approached.
>>
She's clearly some deluded 21-year-old. Why are you worrying about the opinions of children?

Truth is that young people have nothing to give to the world but their looks. They don't know anything, they have no responsibilities to anyone, they have no skills, and their entire life has been this self-absorbed bubble with nothing to draw on but their parents who praise them unconditionally.

It's not their fault and they're not bad people, but their opinions mean nothing and they should be ignored completely.
>>
File: 1460337548636.png (188 KB, 428x546) Image search: [Google]
1460337548636.png
188 KB, 428x546
I don't know, in this situation it seems ridiculous to get mad. However, catcalling is a thing and it's pretty obnoxious, too. I don't even really like people coming up to talk to me either, not because "MUH MISOGYNY" but because I'm a nervous trainwreck waiting to happen.
>>
>>17307044

How can you get to know another human being without harassing them in the street until they have sex with you?
>>
File: 1389627557469.jpg (35 KB, 352x389) Image search: [Google]
1389627557469.jpg
35 KB, 352x389
>>17306921
>you didn't greet the working man who is busy
>you didn't great the couple that was out together, busy
>you didn't greet the woman exercising her dog who was busy

>you greeted me who was loitering by myself right next to you!
>you were friendly about it too, you even smiled at me, this is a rape holocaust!!
>you didn't interrupt any of the people who were walking away from you because you're a rapist and i was the easier target!!!

>i was just sitting there completely alone doing nothing and you singled me out because you wanted to RAPE me!!!!
>just because i don't look like i'm doing anything doesn't mean i have time for ugly guys, i am WAITING that means I'M BUSY!!!!!
>i have plenty of opinions and i am very well educated and travelled and i have plenty of things to say, how DARE you try to TALK CASUALLY to ME!!!!!!! RAPIST NAZI ISLAMOPHOBE!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>17307044
you sound like the mad one here

No one is telling you you're "not allowed" to do anything it's just someone venting that they're not amused nor fooled by this shit. Sorry they don't "cater to your preference" of being flattered that some random fucker off the street decided they seemed attractive.
>>
>>17307044

I'm not saying that women cannot be approached, all I'm saying is that it's understandable how women get frustrated by it sometimes.

Like I'm sure the wealthy guy doesn't give a shit much of the time and just uses it to his advantage, but every now and then it's gotta be like "Holy fuck man, can people just be real just once?"

It's also like when your friends and family know that you're good with electronics and computers and they always come talk to you when their shit isn't set up right and expect you to be a magician and fix everything.
>>
>>17306933
Men don't mind when fat chicks say hello. They certainly don't make a rant about misandry when it happens.
>>
>>17306921
that jpg , women are horrible
>>
>>17306933
>This applies to both genders.
No.
>>
>>17306921
as an attractive man in a business suit I have definitely been randomly greeted and/or complimented by both men and women on the street.

Some people just get triggered by shit or like to post shit like that for attention.
>>
Im a woman and I actually like it. I smile and say hello even when someone whistles or just stares. Mind you it's not very often, but I try not to be rude if someone does give me a compliment.
>>
>>17306921
>Why do women dislike when people find their bodies attractive?
Partly because you make it so clear that you did not approach her for any other reason. There are contexts in which such behavior is appropriate, but this is not one of them.

Partly because you were indiscreet about your boner in a situation that demanded discretion. This is embarrassing to everyone around you, and frankly should embarrass you too, if you put a moment's thought into such things.

Which leads us to the next part: how you choose to allow yourself to be led around by your boner. You could easily choose otherwise, and so failing to do so is creepy.

But perhaps the biggest issue is the utter lack of introspection that you display in all this. You didn't need a whole thread to tell you this: a moment's introspection would have given you all the information I'm posting here, and probably more besides. You're a brute, and worse, you're Chris-Chan's kind of brute: not particularly imposing or intimidating, but every but as pathos-driven and hormone-fueled. You are creepy for the same reasons he is.
>>
>>17307028
Nobody said all a man wants from an attractive woman is sex - if he engages her in conversation, that means she fulfills the appearance criteria - the rest, however, (individuality) is her responsibility, and plenty of men will be repulsed by a superficial, bigoted, obsessive, etc. woman. Proposing that all men are shallow and use attention entirely as a means to an end (sex) is a sexist overgeneralization.
>>
>>17307044
>and thats great. but to say we simply arent allowed to approach women because of this is ridiculous.
No one is saying you aren't allowed to approach girls. Just do it in appropriate settings: parties, bars, clubs (both the special-interest kind and the dancing kind), places people go to hang out. Purely social situations, rather than business (professional and otherwise). The rule of thumb is pretty simple: if she HAS to be there it's bad, if she WANTS to be there it's good, and if she's en route to some other place, treat it as though she were there already.
>>
>>17307497
In addition, it's arrogant to believe that nobody deserves a bit of your attention, unless you are obviously busy or state that you are upfront. Rejection is painful, but acceptable and reasonable. Ignoring, however, is offensive and arrogant. Unless a person persists after a blatant rejection, you are in no position (morally) to scorn them for approaching you in a public place, unless there's a specific reason that is unacceptable. Technically, unwanted attention is an offense, but it's such a small one (especially given the fact the other person's intentions are, in most cases, honest and good) that any reaction other that a minute of your time and a polite rejection is over-reacting.
>>
>>17307514
True, so you don't bother people working or talking on their phone (for instance). Still, chances are you are not a clairvoyant, and can't accurately guess whether a woman feels busy or not unless she states so, whether she is going somewhere or not. She could have no particular goal or destination whatsoever.
>>17307497
>>17307521
Read these, please.
>>
>>17306921
I want to hit this person in the face.
>>
>>17307525
>Still, chances are you are not a clairvoyant, and can't accurately guess whether a woman feels busy or not unless she states so, whether she is going somewhere or not.
Actually, you can make a pretty good guess without being a clairvoyant. It requires paying attention to something other than your boner, but it's quite doable. And if you still can't tell, you err on the side of caution, assume she's busy, and life goes on.
>>
File: 1467225258694.png (81 KB, 800x418) Image search: [Google]
1467225258694.png
81 KB, 800x418
>>
>>17306921
>be nice to everyone I meet
>greet strangers at random
>women complain that I'm nice to everyone and she would rather have an asshole she can try to change
>>
>>17306921

#FirstWorldProblems
>>
im not going to read her paragraph because its probably pure drivel. let me try to interpret it from her pov

>as an attractive girl you have loads of dudes trying to fuck you or showing signs solely because of your physical attributes
>probably most of them dont give a fuck about your personality and tolerate you long enough to fuck even if they dislike you
>after the dude gets her pussy he evaluates whether or not he actually wants to stick with this girl
>this girl probably has a terrible personality so most guys dont stick around for anything serious with her
>she thinks this is because guys are awful when in reality she is the problem
>she continues the cycle of being a disgusting slut with no redeeming qualities all while bitching about it all over the internet

hth
>>
File: 1446690496626.gif (1 MB, 230x268) Image search: [Google]
1446690496626.gif
1 MB, 230x268
"Oh I didn't say hi to YOU. I know better than to interact with pasty blue haired grouches with hairy legs and armpits"
>>
>>17307514
>No one is saying you aren't allowed to approach girls. Just do it in appropriate settings

I agree, yet submit that a street is a perfectly appropriate setting. You're free to disagree, but recognize that this is very much a matter of opinion with nothing close to consensus.

In most countries, streets are not socially private places. They are not where one should expect privacy and social isolation.

I think a more likely interpretation of OP's pic is that this girl has actually been harrassed by passersby, regularly and repeatedly, for a very long time, and there was and is no socially acceptable way for her to defend herself from such harrassment. This has left her oversensative to all social interaction that might be initiated with her on the street, and so even when it's an innocent greeting, it genuinely feels like harrassment to her; it makes her feel every bit as harrassed.

So whose fault is it? The guy who gives an innocent greeting doesn't deserve the harsh response, and the girl on her way someplace doesn't deserve to recieve a dose of stressful and upsetting feelings.

The real ones to blame are those who harrassed her. If you don't harrass girls on the street, don't feel guilty for giving innocent greetings. If a girl tells you off for something you know was innocent, don't be mad at her, either. That's the easy way out, by the way, just to call her a crazy bitch and dismiss her. But no, how about feel bad for her instead. Feel bad that someone made her unable to recieve innocent greetings on the street. Forgive her for her venom, and hope that in time she will come to see that not all social interaction is based on hidden motives.

It's all you can do, really.
>>
>>17307932
>Mellow-dramatic

Guess where your opinion belongs?
>>
>>17308041
Here?
>>
Hmm.

It's a fair argument. It is a discriminatory act to pick out one individual from a group based on their looks alone.

As far as personal bubbles go? I believe that's a difficult thing to judge. I cannot tell who you are, what you are doing, or where you are going based on your outward appearances alone. So tell me then, at which point would it be appropriate for me to approach you? When should I assume that you are open to conversation? You see, if we follow your reasoning, then how often are we to believe that people travel outside for anything more than to accomplish a task? You can begin to see how this becomes unreasonable. Even in environments that may be more predisposed towards people sharing opinions and thoughts, we can apply this same concept. If you attempt to speak to anybody that is not in their home, on a computer, trying to get into contact with somebody, then you are getting in the way of their affairs.

So when does social interaction not become a hindrance? When is it okay to bother somebody? We can never know. We can never know because we can never judge another person on anything more than their outward appearance.

All we can do is try.

So then, what about physical discrimination? Well, it sounds bad when you say it like that, right? The truth is that we always discriminate though, we have to discriminate. We are individuals. So whether that be physical, mental, personality... It's irrelevant.

If you see a girl walking down the street, and you think that she's cute, why not say, "Hi"? Who knows, she could think the same about you, or she she could not. Either way, you've got no guarantee of meeting that person again, so you might as well take a shot at it.

Is it inconvenient? Honestly, not really. It's a pretty understandable behavior. In the end, she had also discriminated against him. If the man who had spoken to her was somebody that she held any interest in, chances are we would've never seen this post.
>>
>>17308086
So all in all, neither party is really in the wrong.

If one person were in the wrong, it's more likely to be the woman trying to shame this man instead of the man that merely wanted to speak with her.
>>
>>17306921
>I think...I think I love you
>Why?! Is it because I'm a girl?!
.jpg
>>
>>17306921

A few years ago, i worked a job doing in home service, pest control. People understandably wanted it fixed and never wanted to have to get service again, because to call us again meant they had a pest problem again.

So every day, one clever ass motherfucker would always say "goodbye hope i never see you again!!" and snicker.

The first time it was funny. The 10th time it was like, k yeah that joke gets made a lot. The 1000th time it was just straight up annoying as hell and i wished to god theyd just kept it to themselves.

Many people can relate somehow. Some benign non consequential repetitive thing said or done to them, some bad joke on their name everyone seems to think of. It gets irritating as shit.

Attractive women get cat called multiple times a day when walking in public. Some guys even step in front of them and stop their activity to try and make a pass.

Some of them are aggressive. Most of us, male or female dont want to be shouted at and held up by strangers. Its normal.

Having said that, but the time you go up and call some hot girl beautiful, shes heard it 10 000 000 times, and you have not distinguished yourself. Youre just another jackweed making a pass no matter how good your intentions are. Theyre over it.

Thats why they dont like it.
>>
heh, mad over a hello

>stayTriggered.png
>>
>>17308118
Yeah but this is just a simple "hello".

Some people are just friendly.
>>
>>17308145
I understand. But shes been singled out, approached and said hello to thousands of times, and many times the dudes asked her for her number and to hang out. She might have even fallen for it once or twice and gotten fucked n chucked or shamed when she just wanted to be friends.

As it stands, when someone approaches her and says hello at random, she isnt in his head, and she doesnt know his intentions, but shes been through it enough to know that more likely than not, dudes after her treasure box.

Its like if you had a sign that said "im rich" and suddenly you were approached greeted and befriended daily, and they called you a greedy asshole when they asked for money and you said no, or cut you out of their life the moment you said yes.

If anyone approached you again in a socially irrelevant way, you too would think ah here we go another one whos going to fake nice for my money. That shit would get annoying as fuck.

Not a hard conclusion to come to if you sit down and think and use some empathy. Too many people want to just dismiss and call people bitches without actually wondering why they became that way.
>>
>>17308037
But anon, then the genders can't hate each other and have gender wars. Why would you try to ruin it by saying both perspectives matter?
>>
Pretty tired of the line that approaching somebody because you find them attractive is something to be ashamed of.

Except for a very, very small asexual, aromantic minority (accepting for the sake of argument that those are real things) we ALL have the urge to pair up with the gender we're attracted to, flirt, fuck, bond, and eventually settle down. All of us. That's biological. Approaching somebody because you like their looks is absolutely fine. It doesn't preclude an interest in their personality, once you actually get to talking. But the idea that it's disrespectful or degrading for men to approach women because they're physically attracted to them doesn't make sense unless you feel that sex is somehow harmful or degrading to women, i.e. the opposite of the sex-positive attitude most of these people claim to have.

I'm not trying to say that there isn't a line. Approaching somebody when they're sending signals that they don't want to be bothered (headphones / reading a book / etc) is not OK. Continuing a conversation when they're clearly not into it isn't OK either, if you're getting one word answers or they keep lapsing into silence then shut the fuck up. But absent those signals, I don't accept there's a damn thing wrong with it.
>>
>>17308256
Except if shes attractive shes been approached and had her day interrupted more times than she can couny. Its more about being sick of a minor annoyance than it is about being hating of biology.

You can easily approach women in socially relevant ways. Its why despite this mindset of women presented by OP, people still get laid and find partners. Small talk in line, events with common interests, work group projects, and social gatherings.

But its as the girl in OPs post put it. She was alone doing her own thing and a dude bee lined for her. There was no actual social need, so its obvious what he wants, and thatd be fine and all if she hadnt been through it 9,000 times before. Thats the part people are missing. Yes it is a small gesture, and shouldnt be annoying. But anything and everything gets old when its constant.
>>
>>17307959
Send these bitches to Fallujah for a week to get some perspective
>>
>>17307497
>Nobody said all a man wants from an attractive woman is sex

Then let me be the first one to say it
That's what they want
>>
>>17308488
Not true. Once the sex is over I shouldnt be bored to tears by the woman.

If all men wanted was sex then every man should just hire escorts. Less bullshit to jump through to get sex. Plus the woman knows that is all she is there for and isn't bothered by that.
>>
File: 1466467174737.jpg (26 KB, 500x496) Image search: [Google]
1466467174737.jpg
26 KB, 500x496
I don't take posts like these seriously, because I've dealt with many women who actually post that kind of crap. Everyone is talking about how tiring it is to be asked out hundreds of times daily, but that doesn't really happen to these women.

A friend of mine went through an abusive relationship despite everyone telling her to leave, and I guess the lesson she took from it was men are evil and blah blah blah. She'd make posts that mirror the broad in the OP constantly, but then also complain about how men were no longer interested in her after she gained a lot of weight. The less male interest she received, the more she complained about street harassment. The real issue is they're just looking for a reason to complain.

90% of the time people being melodramatic on facebook should not be taken seriously, regardless of what their angle is. They're complaining about "haters"? They're probably just a dumbass no one likes. They're complaining about people with [wrong opinions]? They're probably a lot more close minded than they'll admit. Same shit with a woman complaining about the male gaze, they're probably looking at her friend instead.

>>17307053
>She's clearly some deluded 21-year-old.
The kicker is I've seen this behavior continue on well into their late 30s
>>
>>17309349
Eloquently put. Too often we blame the world for our problems when the world isn't going to solve it for us. It's fully within our power to do so, yet how many can take the pain of bearing responsibility?

No way is the girl in OP's pic that bitter just from being said hello to, lmao.
>>
>>17309298
>If all men wanted was sex then every man should just hire escorts.

Expensive and immoral
If that wasn't the case then they would
>>
>>17308488
>>17309298
>>17309413

Yall need to learn neurology.

Some men are douches some arent when it comes to sex. But all men produce pair bonding hormones. Vasopressin for example, only produced after sex, is a pair bonding hormone.

Its what makes us get into relationships.
Its also what makes breakups as painful and terrible as they are because its highly addictive...
>>
>>17307932
>mellow-dramatic
Do people like you go to univeristy in burgerland?
>>
>>17309349
>>17309380
I've alerted the authorities of your triggering hate speech, expect the police soon.
>>
>>17310135
Good luck I'm behind 7 proxies fucko
>>
>>17309619
>only produced after sex
Useless, why would I have sex with a man I am not sure I can trust to be loyal to me and do exactly what I want? I don't want to get pumped and dumped. If a guy wants to just fuck he can pay for it, otherwise I want guarantees first he won't pump and dump and he'll be obedient and not try to order me around.
>>
>>17308180
Seems to me that there's a breakdown of empathy on both ends:

The vermin that we are on this website, speaking for myself in the very least, have never been greeted very nicely by strangers and have never had those cues in everyday life that we're someone beautiful like this woman is. We become so jealous of that that we fail to see that there'd eventually be repetition chipping away at the good sides of this, and eventually transcending it into a nightmare.

The woman also lacks empathy: she only sees the negative aspects to this, never grateful for it, and never realizing that some people will never ever get a nice "hello" that tells them that they are attractive. She should learn to be more grateful about it therefore.

So basically we all lack empathy and all us.
>>
>>17307497
>plenty of men will be repulsed by a superficial, bigoted, obsessive, etc. woman

No the only thing that repulses a man is if she's unattractive. If she's attractive, being superficial, bigoted, obsessive, etc will only be a turn on.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1462873031976.jpg (21 KB, 540x572) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1462873031976.jpg
21 KB, 540x572
>>
>>17309413
>Expensive
divorce is much more expensive
>immoral
not really
>>
>>17308417
It gets even more annoying having to always be the gender making the approach and always having to take the initiative. Maybe if more women treated men like equals, men wouldn't feel compelled to take opportunity theye can for a slim chance of success.

But of course none of the women bitching about this would ever want to live in a world with gender equality where they would be expected to approach men sometimes. So they can fuck off and deal with the consequences of telling men it's our job to approach women.
>>
>>17306921
They know they'll lose their body when they hit the wall
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.