[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
roommate problems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1465083275427.png (278 KB, 507x501) Image search: [Google]
1465083275427.png
278 KB, 507x501
I'm just going to greentext this shit
>Moved in with brother
>everything's pretty okay we have fun and it's fun living with a sibling.
>I'm a clean person and he always says he is
>Doesn't clean his dishes or takes five to eight days to do so and then there's always big fucking pile of dishes.
>Doesn't do his shores or takes really fucking long time.
>okay, I'm going to ask him nicely about it.
>I asked nicely and he just started to say "shut the fuck up" and all that shit.
>I have a bad temper and it hurt me, so I start yelling and because none of us like to really fight we just yell a little and go to our rooms.
>Because of our family we don't talk things thru, we just "forget" it and next day everything is okay.
>This happens couple of times.
>Couple of times he started to nag me but eventually I did my chores even tho I did his too.
>But this time. This one fucking time.
>I'm so angry.
>I do my chores, which is way more than his.
>He just needs to clean his fucking milk cartons (they are everywhere and I don't drink milk) and vacuum the house.
>I tell him to do it.
>He doesn't.
>I'm getting to get pissed off, the floors are so fucking crumply.
>I tell him to do it.
>He starts to say the usual shut the fuck up
>I get so fucking angry, I could stab him.
>I try to calm down but without me ven noticing we are in a yelling competision again.
>I get more angry.
>I'm in my room writing this and he's just hanging out with his friends outside and probably shit talking me.

I want him to move out ,because this is the first home where I actually felt this is my home and I'm comfortable. And the rent is so damm low and there's so much room, so i don't want to. And I don't want us to have bad relationship, it's fun to hang out with him but this shit makes me so fucking angry, when he's narsistic and doesn't notice what he is doing wrong.
I have tried to compromise, I have given him less chores but he can't fuvking do them either.
So what the fuck can do? help please
>>
you sound annoying, id tell you to shut the fuck up too
>>
>>17306035
holy fuck man you're brothers and you're arguing over garbage lol. Mate frankly just tell him start pulling his weight around the house. Put all the rubbish in his room n shit until he just does it
>>
>>17306047
>basement dwelling garbage piling piss bottler detected

As far as OP goes, I'm in the same goddamn boat man, literally the same. My brother's a fucking slob. Unfortunately, I still haven't fully rectified my situation either, so I can only commiserate. Sorry.
>>
>>17306035
>>I don't want us to have bad relationship, it's fun to hang out with him but this shit makes me so fucking angry, when he's narsistic and doesn't notice what he is doing wrong.
>I have tried to compromise, I have given him less chores but he can't fuvking do them either.

Tell him all of this but do your best to leave out the name calling, don't make him seem lazy and try to not insult him. Tell him you both need to find a way to communicate otherwise you two can't live together. Make sure to stress how much you love hanging out with him, and it's nothing to do with his personality- just that you have a different standard of living than him.
Aplogise for losing your cool and offending him, it's so important in life to apologise when there are so many people through all walks of life that refuse to. Honestly one of the most underrated ways of encouraging growth in this society.
Only way for him to know his responsibilities is for them to be plastered to the fridge and to be gently reminded 2x before you either do his chores or let him blow up on you while staying calm. Let HIM be the one to react, if you're in the right don't let your feelings get attached to the situation- your relationship with your bro is much more important than chores.
I lived with my brother and was literally in the same place with you regarding the mess and it always leading to a full blown argument. Unfortunately I found that it was not best for us to be living with one another, and didn't renew the lease and moved out. Sometimes family isn't meant to live together, especially while figuring out how to be a productive and successful adult which everyone has their own way of being.
In the meantime, just remember this quote- "Sometimes peace is better than being right".
>>
>>17306126
>you're brothers
OP is clearly a girl. Am i wrong?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.