[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My sister offered me to live at her place as long as I want because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
My sister offered me to live at her place as long as I want because she knows how bad our familiy situation is. But the problem is that I'm a pile pf garbage, who can't even go to university and sleeps all day long. She likes it when I'm around, but I still feel like I'm just using her. What should I do?
>>
>>17305746
>I'm a pile pf garbage, who can't even go to university and sleeps all day long
Time to take responsibility for your life, being grateful and changing yourself.
If she likes you, she will be happy if you get your shit together and live a happy life. Start working on it. If you need help, you have her.
>>
>>17305755
The problem is that she always says she makes enough money for both of us, so I would never have to work. I spent like 4 months at her place after my father breaked my right arm and I did nothing during that timeframe, she even supported me to be piece of shit. I fear that it would be the final step of being a neet and I will become unable to do anything.
>>
>>17305803
Were those arguments for anything? Move in with her and get a fucking job asap.
>>
Sounds like your sister is understanding. Move in with her and look for a job. If being NEET is your way of life, it sounds like she's okay with that too. Use the feelings of uselessness to motivate you to get a job or learn something.
>>
>>17305803
Move in with her and get a job, despite what she says. Don't fall for the self-improvement meme, you clearly lack the discipline to seriously keep it up, the obligation of a job should help you get your shit together.
>>
>>17305822
Sorry, I'm just rambling I suppose.

>>17305834
I'm currently trying to get a job but all the low pay ones stopped hiring here and other ones want experience, which I don't have. And I never believed in the self improvement thing, I do some "productive" stuff while neeting, but it still isn't for me. But keeping up with a job seems hard, I have problems just attending university already.

>>17305828
I'm not sure if being a neet is my way of life, but distancing myself from my parents should be good I guess. I fear that she is too understanding and I will forever stagnate in my current state or that she becomes "dependent" on me. But yeah, I try to find a job, atleast I do the learning thing already.
>>
>>17305860
like the other anons have said get a job, it'll expand your social circle and keep you from sleeping all day. I would DEFINITELY offer to pay some rent and if your sister absolutely declines your offer, make up for it by taking out the trash, emptying the dishwasher and sweeping/ vacuuming. it takes about 30 minutes to do all these chores but these are the last things your sister is gunna wanna do after a long day at work. she'll be missing you when you leave if you can do this shit regularly
>>
>>17305803
>I spent like 4 months at her place after my father breaked my right arm and I did nothing during that timeframe, she even supported me to be piece of shit.
You were recovering from a serious injury. No one should hold that time against you. Not even you.

Get out of there. Go to your sister, away from an environment where people are in the habit of BREAKING YOUR FUCKING ARM. Work on getting a job there. If your sister says you don't have to, tell her that no, you really do: it's not about money, it's about self-respect.

In fact, I suggest starting with volunteer work. It's not about the money, because there IS no money. But it gets you out there doing something on a *rather flexible) schedule. Better still, it gets you out there in a way that helps other people, and like the game says, helping people feels good. You sound like you could use a dose of that. Plus, you can put it on a resume, which will help when it's time to get a job.
>>
>>17305746
Dear op.

You lack discipline aND are comfortable with coasting on other people's coattails. The real world is not so forgiving. The fastest way for you to snap out of if is to be thrown out on your ass so you're forced to grow the fuck up.

That being said, you're not going to be thrown out. You're going to pussy about and do fuck all, so try to do meaningful things for your sis. Start learning how to cook decent food. Keep the home immaculate. Study something with a level of familiarity.....my stock advice on that is learn the everloving fuck out of Microsoft office programs as well as quickbooks for small businesses. There isn't an office out there that doesn't need someone with these skills.

Don't bother with university level. Take online courses from your local community college. One or two should be enough because you can't handle the responsibility of a full semester load.

Finally, and I've a sneaking feeling this may be a part of it, get off the fucking internet for the sake of pleasure, be it games or socialization. Same goes for vidya. Either ditch it completely or get rid of all but 2 or 3 games.

Get on with living your life.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.