[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get rid of this shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: breakout bakeout.jpg (2 MB, 2111x2854) Image search: [Google]
breakout bakeout.jpg
2 MB, 2111x2854
I typically have cystic acne like this, however, this one in particular has been much more persistent than usual. It secretes slightly (only upon touch) and has a strange smell. I have access to some prescription-grade topicals, but wanted to know if there was a more immediate solution (besides popping because fuck acne scars).

I've always practiced good hygiene. Have done two full treatments of Accutane, had endocrine shots done 2 years ago to prevent flare ups and fight scarring, used a multitude of topicals (many to no effect) and simply want this fucker gone. Please /adv/ise.
>>
well you could grow your beard out for another year and it'll be so thick you wont be able to see that shit at all
>>
>>17304838

You said it secretes fluid sometimes right? Next time it does that, DRAIN it. If it's already leaking, squeeze the rest of the infection out, wash it, and apply rubbing alcohol (it will burn) to kill the bacteria
>>
>>17304845
Tried that. It hides it, sure, but it further promotes cystic growths in the area. I've had better luck keeping the beard short compared to long.
>>
>>17304853
if you're not growing it out then shave it completely, facial hair as you said promotes cystic growths
>>
>>17304849
This won't cause scarring or result in bad leftover tissue? I've generally avoided draining stuff on my face. I used to drain the ones on my chest and back, but those led to small bumps (basically scars) replacing them. If that happens here, the hair follicles on my face in that area run the risk of being destroyed... Right?
>>
>>17304856
I should have been more detailed: regardless of facial hair or no facial hair, the growths still occur. They only become worse/aggravated if there is a sizeable amount of hair (same can occur in my pubic area and hairline on the back of my head). However, even if there is no hair whatsoever, regardless of the area, the cysts still occur at the same rate as having a relatively managed amount of hair.
>>
>>17304838
Only eay organic food and avoid all petrolium products.
>>
File: CVS44540.jpg (49 KB, 288x216) Image search: [Google]
CVS44540.jpg
49 KB, 288x216
>>17304838
Hydrocolloid bandages. They're magic. Lance that fucker, squeeze it like it owes you money, slap one of these babies on it, poof gone overnight.
>>
>>17304881
I've cut back where I can, but I'm a 21 year old University student. My ability to go 100% natural is limited to say the least.
>>
have you spoken to a dermatologist about this?
>>
File: 1464879865801.png (210 KB, 468x468) Image search: [Google]
1464879865801.png
210 KB, 468x468
>>17304886
Thanks anon, I'll look into this.
>>17304889
>have you spoken to a dermatologist about this?

I've been working with my dermatologist for nearly seven years to try and get the dimensional shambler that is my acne condition under wraps. Believe me, we've made strides, but it seems like there are certain things that might even go beyond dermatology. I'm in the process of finding an endocrinologist to see, but my insurance barely coveres any of the possible medications I'd be taking. The amount I'd have to pay is a little past my financial means, currently.
>>
File: 1464737278403.gif (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1464737278403.gif
3 MB, 1280x720
I'd still love to hear if anyone else has some input. Any medication/topicals/other that you've had experience with that has worked for cystic recurring acne?
>>
>>17304906

Get a new Dermotologist
>>
>>17304944

Do you touch your face a lot?
>>
>>17304946
My dermatologist is the only one within 30 miles who still takes my insurance. However, I'm curious. Care to expand on why?
>>
File: 1463901090187.png (51 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
1463901090187.png
51 KB, 384x313
>>17304948
Sometimes I pet the mustache. Other than that, no. Not really.
>>
>>17304950

Because you've been going there for 7 years and you haven't beaten your acne. I had bad acne, went to a Dermotologist and she fixed me up in a year. I had big improvements within just a few weeks.

She just had me use a cetaphil face wash. Apply Epiduo at night. And take 150mg of Doxycline Hyclate during the day. And if fixed my face.
>>
>>17304859
I'm pretty sure a scar would be better than that infection worsening
>>
File: 1464729074290.gif (1 MB, 250x184) Image search: [Google]
1464729074290.gif
1 MB, 250x184
>>17304960
Hm, that so? I've never been referred to any of those things so maybe there's some truth to that. Thanks for the pointers, I'll keep my eyes open for another dermatologist opportunity.
>>
See a proper dermatologist, you cheap fuck.
>>
>>17304838
Stop masturbating
>>
I get that shit too... I simply squeeze the shit out of it (I have one on my chest, and it's really big, with a smaller friend right over him) When the Ichor and the Blood stop to come out, I ceanit with a towel and some alcohol
>>
File: 076927.jpg.jpg (37 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
076927.jpg.jpg
37 KB, 300x300
Try Betadine. It's usually behind the counter, so you have to ask for it, but you don't need a prescription.

It did wonders for me.
>>
>>17304838
Fucking gross, mate.
Do you drink enough water, and do you ever wash your face?
>>
>>17304838
Accutane
Isotretinoina

:) you need a prescripton though
>>
>>17307891

Not OP

But read the fucking thread before you reply. He said he's on Accutane!!!!!
>>
bop it
>>
>>17304886
Pretty much this. Get a sewing needle or something with a sharp pointy end, clean sharp point with rubbing alcohol, clean acne area as well, puncture a little, and squeeze all that shit out. It'll hurt about as bad as shitting after eating buffalo wings, but it's better than leaving it alone. Don't pussy out, or it'll get worse. After squeezing, disinfect again with rubbing alcohol, then cover it up with a bandage.
>>
Cheap option?

Buy some doxycycline online. 100mg daily for 3 months. Works wonders and cheap as fuck.

Read side effects first (sun sensitivity, don't drink too heavy on it, though way easier on liver than accutane).

I'm not a doctor though, but this worked for me.
>>
>>17304948
This goes beyond a stray pimple here and there, anon.
>>
>>17307329
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
Fucking pop that shit.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.