[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well, here I am again
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: kek.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
One part of me says that it's ok to put up a facade for people to get them to like me. Another part of me says i won't find happiness if I don't put my true foot forward.

I'm leaning towards putting up a facade so people come to like me, and so I won't have to put up with being called names behind my back. I've been alone despite having loyal friends my whole life, especially as I've gotten older.

What do normal people do?
>>
>>17303637
I've been alone most of my life despite having loyal friends in my youth*

failed proof read
>>
>>17303637
Haha, whoa, what is that picture?! XD
>>
>>17303640

was just about to comment on that.

here is the thing, what exactly about yourself do you think it is that causes people to make fun of you? answer that first and we'll go from there. cuz ur not wrong, but theres a certain frame of mind to work with
>>
>>17303644
I'm distant and have issues with not being in the moment, kind of like I'm not all there mentally. I think people take that as a sign of stupidity. Maybe I am, idk. My work doesn't reflect stupidity imo
>>
>>17303664

whats your work. how old are you?
>>
>>17303668
I work in a machine shop as a CNC machinist/setup guy/programmer. Also do other stuff you probably don't know about. I'm 25 years old.
>>
>>17303679

it seems to me you might be stuck in a college or highschool mindset where everyones a douche for no reason. people are a lot more reasonable as you get older.

and one thing you have more control over is the kind of people you hang out with. im a bit of an oddball myself but i surround myself with people who either dont mind or are also a little odd.

i really doubt anyones talking behind your back saying 'THAT ANON IS JUST TOO QUIET HE MUST BE STUPID TROLOLOLOL' but if you insist on thinking that way, why not just find quiet people or people who dont mind?

yes you gotta put up with a little frustration testing the waters with different people but dont be a baby about it and ditch them when they start to act mean.

if ur a little odd consider doing what that one episode of scrubs taught us
>when you first meet someone you are only 'kind of' yourself. your most generic self. you arent lying or putting on an act, its just normal for you to be a bit more 'reserved' when meeting new people
>as you get to know them you peel back the layers and they get to know you more and more.

think about your best friends or someone you dated. you could probably say or do stupid things that would be ridiculous in front of a stranger right? most people are like that. they just get close and let more of themself shine through.
>>
>>17303696
What if I don't have anything to offer, anon? What if I befriend somebody and they discover I have no depth? I get scared i'll find out that I'm just a two dimensional caricature, a shell of what I used to be.

I guess, in essence, fear is what prevents me from doing what I want to do. I have this very serious fear of getting even remotely close to people. That sounds very HS, but goddammit it's true. I can't even hold a decent conversation outside of the internet.
>>
>>17303637
wtf is that picture
>>
>>17303733

you're changing your story here, but lets roll with it.

your issue now is that you have zero depth. if that is the case, why do you yearn for friends? to do what with?

you have more depth than you give yourself credit for. and if the issue is you still lack it, focus on fixing that before making friends.

but if i had to guess you have depth you just dont explore it much and assume your interests mean no depth
>>
>>17303742
I'm not saying definitively that I don't, I'm just saying that I might not. I mean, when you overhear people calling you retarded enough you tend to think you're incapable of some semblance of normality. Maybe it's true maybe it's not, idk yet. The truth scares me.
>>
>>17303742
>Why do I yearn for friends?
Because I'm lonely. Would like someone to talk to, even if it's just common interests.
>>
>>17303765

you have depth. if you dont, explore that depth. find out what depth means and push yourself to find it. self exploration can be amazing

>>17303772

if you have interests you have depth. consider using meetup.com if ur in a city.
>>
>>17303789
Alright, thanks anon
>>
>>17303796

good luck!
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.