[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>showing pics of my younger/high school self to my gf >she's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: radiation-sickness1.jpg (26 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
radiation-sickness1.jpg
26 KB, 360x240
>showing pics of my younger/high school self to my gf
>she's always been really shy about showing hers and has to dig them up; they're not on Facebook or anything like that
>be really insistent since I'm curious, this time she gives in since I had shown her my pictures
>forgot that she used to have a skin disease when she was younger
>she legitimately looked like a nuclear victim back then
>had to delete them from chat history because I didn't want to see them again; they were that disturbing
>couldn't even bring myself to say that they were cute pictures
>get into a fight because of this

This is entirely my fault. How do I make things better?
>>
How did you get into a fight? What did you do wrong? Its not your fault she had a skin disease.

Jesus it's like some people actively seek out any excuse just to wail on each other.
>>
>>17303240

not much you can do. maybe sit down and say it just makes you so sad knowing that such a beautiful person had to go through something so sad. it makes you sad to think that if she didnt get cured you might have been to shallow to get to know the most wonderful person you ever met.

something like that. word it rightly.
>>
File: latest.jpg (159 KB, 800x572) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
159 KB, 800x572
>>17303240
Remind her that she's a smooth skin now, and that's what counts.
>>
>>17303308

this. but also remind her that once it begins to wrinkle, you're gone.
>>
>>17303290
Hurt her feelings. She has low self esteem and this little episode didn't help.

>>17303300
Sounds pretty backhanded to say that

>>17303308
Seriously anon
>>
>>17303333
This guy >>17303300 actually makes a bit of sense. Your girlfriend is sensitive about her looks, has low self-esteem. Best thing to do is to compliment her and make her feel good about who she is now, reassure her that she doesn't look that way anymore and doesn't need to feel upset about it.
>>
>>17303333
>Hurt her feelings. She has low self esteem and this little episode didn't help.
>she used to have a skin disease when she was younger

It sounds like her skin is fine now, so I see no reason why she is this pissed. This would be like me getting mad at my girlfriend for not saying younger pictures of me, from when I was a fat fuck, are cute, (because they weren't).

What does she have low self-esteem over? How old are you guys?
>>
>>17303240
Don't order pizza on your next date
>>
>>17303372
Her skin is fine (in my opinion) but there's still some scars and scaly patches that she's self-conscious about. Based on her old pictures, though, it's still 2000% better.
>>
>>17303240
Jesus, reading this topic makes me think about how dumb I was when I was younger. I will admit, I never would have fucked this up, and today this is an easy laybup, but still, you must be young to have such poor navigation through something like this.

When it comes to women, you don't always have to have their feelings as you top priority. You never should, if you want them to respect you. It's important however to UNDERSTAND what they are feeling though. Empathise. You don't have to sympathise, just empathise.

You should have known by how shocking the pics were that she was putting a large amount of trust and faith in you. You fucked this up, but you can save it.

Tell her you are really sorry for how you handled it, and you want to make up for it, however she wants. This gives her reassurance that you know you did wrong but also opens a 'trap' so to speak of getting her closer to you because she'll most likely want to exploit the opportunity you just gave her to do something for her. Most people won't just turn away from something like that.

Let her know that you didn't handle things as well as you could have because you don't have experience with things like this. You can say this word for word, because it's true.

Bonus points: let her know that she's such a beautiful person inside, that if something like this ever happens again, you will be there for her. That tou never want her to feel as alone and outcast as she did before.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.