[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you deal with a lack of Cultural Identity leading to constant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: Child_With_Flag.jpg (47 KB, 598x352) Image search: [Google]
Child_With_Flag.jpg
47 KB, 598x352
How do you deal with a lack of Cultural Identity leading to constant depression?

>Born in south east asia
>Half white, half asian
>Always been an outcast because of descent
>Move to Australia, always the outcast because of race
>Move to Canada as adult, no connection or love for any culture

I feel like I'm perpetually lost and just wishing I was somewhere I could feel proud, but don't feel like I belong anywhere. I wish I had roots in "better" asian culture, with pure blood and an identity I could be proud of.

I want tradition, not poutine!
>>
My mom is half Nam half whitey she just strongly identifies as Vietnamese but she looks like a white woman.

Pick a side and stick with it.
>>
>>17301774
>17301774
Bro. Half white half asians should be their own race. I heard this from halfsies myself.
>>
File: elliot.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
elliot.gif
1 MB, 320x180
Race mixing should be a crime by the way
>>
>>17301774

Australia is filled with cultural diversity though. When I was in primary school, all of my friends came from different cultural backgrounds. Sure, there's people who are racist like any other place but the majority of people accept and respect cultures from all of the world here. At least in Melbourne.
>>
>>17301774
Move to America!
>>
>>17301844
But he doesn't have a real culture, he has absolutely no culture. He's a cosmopolitan grey human mass and not a person. This is the result of racemixing. He's American if anything, but still missed out on the delightful ideological brainwashing required to be a true american.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.