[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I break Self Improvement addiction?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 535x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 535x800
I'm literally either working, working out, doing self-study, all the time, save when I get like 40 minutes of free time to make a non-shitty dinner every night. Hell my work and leisure outfits are all on point.

If I'm out and about, I'll see people who aren't /fit/ or /fa/. They don't give a fuck and seem just fine hitting happy hour every other day, watching Netflix, and not doing the meme self improvement thing (learn an instrument, martial art, language, lift/exercise hard everyday, severely limit alcohol, etc.)

It's fucking exhausting and I can't break this habit. I want to not give a fuck anymore. Halp
>>
>>17300456
How did you get to this point of self-improvement?
>>
>>17300472
Insecurity and reading theredpill
>>
>>17300456
So what you're saying is you tried to better yourself just because society said so? Not in response to a personal goal?

I think we need to start there. It's not entirely a bad thing, but I'm baffled as to how you got that far.
>>
>>17300487
The only personal goal I had was to get girls, be popular and "normal" and happy. I can now say that I was happier drinking Mountain Dew and playing chrome trigger emulators than I am now chugging protein shakes and chasing sloots on tinder.
>>
>>17300487
>>17300520
>getting this far
Insecurity was and still is my fuel.
>>
>>17300456

>Trying to better yourself by not bettering yourself
>>
>>17300456
That's not self improvement, that's insecurity. You're taking random social ideals and working towards them and calling that improvement. Actual self improvement is becoming you're own ideal, not society's. Figure that out first.
>>
>>17300520
You were happier just taking the path of least resistance, and now you're addicted to something that takes a shitload of effort, right? I'm not trying to dismiss your problem as trivial, but I literally do not understand the difficulty here.
>>
>>17300534
I'm not seeing any rewards man. Getting up to a 500lb deadlift was a lot of fucking work doing it natty and not being fat.
Guess what? Nobody gives a fuck. "Lol do t for yourself man" what kinda stupid shit is that? That shit still doesn't make sense to me. You might as well tell me to go jack off to myself in the mirror and "do it for myself"

The fuck does "do it for yourself" even mean?
>>
>>17300456
Could you focus it on a single subject perhaps? Not trying to get good at everything but just the one or two things you enjoy.
>>
>>17300549
Kek, are you saying you did everything the fitfags say about, "fixing what makes these beta losers a bunch of fat virgins" and it was for nothing?

Guess you should get a man bun and wear skinny jeans below your ass, v necks, a beard, and flip flops. Metrosexual is in again.
>>
>>17300456
That's like normal life for people who aren't losers bro.

Just replace meme self improvement with trying to get laid, kids, maintaining a house, or other normie shit.

Most people don't have time to jerk off on 4chan for hours at a time.
>>
>>17300701
>2016
>still wanting to live the normie nuclear life

Being raised in a shit household with depressed alcoholic parents showed me it aint all it's cracked up to be and the majority of people cant crack it.

Just find something that makes you happy OP. One subject, get really good at it, develop it. You mentioned learning an instrument, why not focus on that, and start jamming? Do you have friends? Cause it sounds like you're lifestyle is severly lacking in them. Go out and have fun, and get off of fucking twitter.

You're gonna die one day buddy, might as well get some miles on ya' before you go.
>>
>>17300549
That's the thing. You're not really doing those for yourself. Doing something for yourself is something that will make you happy regardless of other people.

If you do something healthy because you personally enjoy it is doing it for yourself.

Lifting weights to get fit is not.

Of course you should be in shape, but you shouldn't consider this being just for yourself.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.