[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/, my gf occasionaly brings up her ex when we talk, (she
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 493x469) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 493x469
Hey /adv/, my gf occasionaly brings up her ex when we talk, (she broke up with him a couple months ago). It didn't really bother me first, but it makes me feel like a bit of a rebound bf despite the fact she has denied this being a rebound thing and that she has said she liked me even while she was with her ex etc.

Example: I was on the phone with her and she said 'I was watching this video of him and despite him being my ex, you/we should watch this funny video he made together.'

She said she thought long and hard about it and that she really wants to be with me, I really like her back, but her bringing up her ex pisses me off a bit.

How do I bring this up with her without coming off as insecure af? Should I even bring it up? Am I overreacting? Any advice from experience etc. would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>17300455
>she broke up with him a couple months ago
you are a rebound thing OP and why she's still talking about the guy. Why not let the cum dry from the last guy before going in.
>>
>>17300467
Dump her asap yeah?
>>
>>17300455
look OP you can talk to her and get her to shut up around you but the fact is she thinks about him all the time. You cannot change that
>>
>>17300476
> you said the name of your ex three times, therefore I shall now leave you!

pretty childish, communication is key as always. Tell her that you arent happy with the way she is talking about him all the time, that she should reflect on her feelings and cut him out if she wanna keep things cool with you. because you are not him and she should think how she would feel if you talked about your ex all the time.
>>
>>17300476
Honestly, disconnect emotionally while you still can. Probably no chance of saving this relationship long term.
>>
I was in the same boat a couple years back, great girl but had some serious commitment issues. It started off normal, she only brought up her ex a couple of times too, but I learned the more she started to mention him, it was basically a way of saying "I'm starting to lean torwards him again and I'm keeping you as financial support and backup material". She then dumped me for the ex and I haven't heard from her since. I don't know if it's the same with your girl, but from what I read this relationship does not look long term in the slightest. If she can't let go of the past, let go of her. My motto is any girl who still has feelings for her ex is not worth fucking or fucking with.
>>
>>17300467
>>17300560
>>17300769
case closed, dont worry op it's better than being lead on
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.