[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Today is Monday and I got no job." To be honest,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: mv4.jpg (136 KB, 1114x627) Image search: [Google]
mv4.jpg
136 KB, 1114x627
"Today is Monday and I got no job."

To be honest, I don't know whether to be glad to be alive or not since It been 6 month after graduated from film school with a bachelor degree of science.

However, I feels like nothing has change. I been living with my parents for 23 years in a shed and yet it feel like nothing change.

At this point, what should be my first step?
>>
>>17300166
>At this point, what should be my first step?
Getting a job, obviously

I bet your school/university/college have some career advisor or something, start by going there.
>>
What if career advisor can't help me at some point?
>>
>film school

Were you one of those kids who swallowed the "follow your dreams" blue pill?
>>
Nah, it something I wanted to do. But I know dream is illusion since am dealing with reality
>>
But, one you guys right. I should start job searching crazy, thought.
>>
>>17300201
You don't know until you tried. Obviously, a career advisor is not a psychiatrist, but it might help you prepare for an interview, write a resume, etc.
>>
Thanks....I'm not really good with asking people with help -_-, but I ask anyways?
>>
...Man this is going to be rough. Career advisor that was working with sent me e-mail that he can unoffically help me. So it going to be rough.
>>
OP did you go to a good film school?
Did you build up a portfolio?

And what do you think of film school? I completely my BA and I'm thinking about doing it. Bad idea?
>>
I went to the Art Institute which was private college, but i'm pretty glad what I got as a portfolio and what I learn, but now I have to deal with loans which suck ass.

Honestly, Film school is cool to build up social networking in order to ask for help if you had any film projects

however I would suggest that you just grab any camera, editing softwware and start shooting. Plus, you have the internet which allows to look for film techniques such as Rocket Jump Film school.

But really, it up to you to decide that. You are the hero of your own story. It won't start until you move.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.