[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been applying everywhere for a new job. How do I stave
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: fine.png (310 KB, 580x282) Image search: [Google]
fine.png
310 KB, 580x282
I've been applying everywhere for a new job.

How do I stave off anxiety while waiting for people to call me back?
>>
why are you anxious? you should be more like excited
>>
>>17299472
I'm unemployed, and afraid I won't find a good job.
>>
>>17299481

We all have to start somewhere OP. What's yoiur background?
>>
>>17299508
Well, the main job I'm applying for is at a restaurant where I used to serve, but in a higher-ranking position.

Since I have previous experience with the company, I feel like I have a pretty good chance.

But I'm nervous af. And full of sadness from losing my previous job last week.
>>
>>17299526
Whatever you do, DO NOT TELL ANYONE YOU WERE FIRED FROM A JOB. Don't even tell them your previous work. It'll fuck you up, especially restaurant jobs. Just be exited you'll work in a place where you actually want to work
>>
>>17299536
Ok, thanks.

I'm hoping to get this one. I'm just gonna have a rough couple of days before I hear anything.
>>
walk in and apply/interview
>>
>>17299693
I already filled out an online application. At this place, and a few others.

I'm just sitting here, biting my nails until they call me.
>>
>>17299770
>I'm just sitting here, biting my nails until they call me.

That's not how you get a job. YOU call THEM. Be polite, ask if you can come in for an interview or, if they already interviewed you, when a decision will be made.

First, it shows you really want the job. Second, how many applications do you think these people get? You have to do everything you can to get in front of people.

Getting a job IS a job.
>>
>>17299971
I don't want to seem too pushy. What should I even say, something like "I applied yesterday and I want to check the status of my application"?
>>
>>17300030
Wait at least two days. Next day is pushy.
>>
>>17300033
Okay, cool. I'll call tomorrow.

I'll just try to keep calm until then.
>>
>>17299446
I'm in the same situation myself. just try and be as productive as you can. if you have enough free time try and learn any new skill, or exorcise, and in the meantime keep applying. That's how i keep from blowing my brains out.
>>
>>17300417
I'm trying. I'm just kind of worried and bummed out.
>>
>>17300755
I'm bummed out too. Sometimes you just have to be sad, it's a part of life. Just try not to worry about things you don't have direct control over.
>>
>>17300788
Indeed.

I'm just so tired of being sad. My job gave me happiness, and now it's gone. I just hope this new one can give me some happiness as well.
>>
>>17301152
Find joy in things besides your job.
>>
>>17299446

Does sending in applications online work ?

It feels like you never get a response
>>
Just breathe.
>>
>>17302405
incredibly rarely. you'd be surprised how far up the list you get bumped if you just turn up out of the blue, dressed well with a good attitude. and I'm a manager in a fortune 500 company. shit speaks volumes about your work ethics.
>>
>>17300313
Welp, UPDATE since this thread is still active.

They said they'd get in touch with me by tomorrow if they want to set up an interview. They remembered me from the last time I worked there.

Pretty excited!
>>
>>17303414
Don't do this at retail stores or anything(all they're going to say is "our application is online". Try it out at like, offices.
>>
>>17299971
THIS THIS THIS

guys, you don't get a job from submitting an application. I have never gotten a job from an application. I got a job because I did the application and then called them a few days later to ask for an interview.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.